login

Author Topic: A moment of "silence"  (Read 7451 times)

changeling

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
Re: A moment of "silence"
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 12:01:37 AM »
Well since it's now Thursday, Uzzah you get the grandparents instead of the kids lol. (She does the grandparents on Thursdays.)

The breakfast in bed is awesome for her either way though, lord knows she deserves it :th_smilie_sg_003:

Just remember:  Sam's, not Costco... Sam's.  That is very important if you want the day to run smoothly.  Sam's.  ;)

I sooooo understand this post! Have a great Thursday, Jackie!  :th_smilie5:
"I will not calm down!"  - Hermione Granger

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »
lol  I'm glad you understand the importance of Sam's versus Costco, Becky.  I'll be pulling into Sam's in about, oh, an hour.  Speaking of, I must run and pick the grandparents up.  ;) 

I'm assuming now that a day has passed I can legitimately ask about the rubberfooting that was mentioned?  I haven't had time to look at the game so I just picked up the mention of it here the other day and thought I would ask once it wouldn't cause a problem with the game.  What happened?  I hate missing a good rubberfoot, they are always entertaining to watch.  ;)

Bye, kids!
Just a clever, quiet, unusual entity living in near equanimity.

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 01:16:01 AM »
  Hi Jacke....I don't know you but kuddos to you for your dedication to your children.  ((((((((((((Jackie))))))))))))))

Awww... thanks, Jedi... they're not my kids, though... my nieces and nephews.  ;)

Really??  Wow.... forget about the kuddos, you should get a parade then...
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

Robin

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • EARTH: Too Big To Fail
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »

what does the Costco/Sam's thing mean? I am SO outta the loop!

Jackie!! YOU are a hero!!!!!
So many gods, so many creeds,So many paths that wind and wind, While just the art of being kind, Is all this sad world needs.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox~

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »

what does the Costco/Sam's thing mean? I am SO outta the loop!

I am glad you asked first Robin, I am wondering about this too. We mostly only have Costco's in Canada. Sam's club is owned by Walmart and last year I hear they closed all of the Sam's club stores down and are opening more Supercenters instead.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:36:30 AM by Velvet »

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2010, 06:12:27 AM »
lol  Okay, the Sam's versus Costco thing....

We finally got my grandparents to move into a condo, which is much better for my grandmother without all the concrete steps and in a much better neighborhood where there isn't a rash of people breaking into elderly people's homes, beating them and robbing them.  Now, my grandfather, in the old house, went to Sam's every week for milk, bananas, and apples.  However, where they moved there is a Costco right around the corner and my aunts and uncles, in the interest of making my Thursday a wee bit shorter, convinced him that once his Sam's membership expired he should go to Costco instead.  What a freaking disaster that was.  Let's see... The bananas were too ripe, the apples were not of the same quality and they were more expensive, the milk was too tall and hard to get in and out of the fridge, the membership was $10 more, and, oh, a myriad of other complaints that I just don't remember.  After listening to this for about 3 weeks and dreading listening to it for the next 49, I noticed a sign on the way out that Costco will refund your membership at any time if you are dissatisfied and I made a point of showing my grandpa.  My grandma tried to talk him into staying with Costco, again, in an effort to help me... what they don't understand is it's worth the extra drive for me not to listen to this for a full year of Costco membership.  My grandfather was disgusted enough with the "issues" to cancel his membership and go back to Sam's despite my grandmother's argument.  Basically what it boils down to is my grandfather is older and very set in his ways.  He has already had one huge upheaval in his life that he is getting used to having just moved out of his house of over 50 years.  He doesn't need to be pushed into any further changes just yet, in my opinion.  Therefore it is *very* important to go to Sam's rather than Costco.  Both for his peace of mind and mine.  ;) 

BFD

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2010, 06:24:42 AM »
I'm with Grandpa!  Costco Sucks!  

Jackie the rubberfoot was classic.  I think it goes from about page 40 on.  I'll go check.  And then when Brin posted the update she had even more fun with it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:27:14 AM by BFD »

changeling

• Werewolfer
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2010, 07:26:07 AM »
Jackie: can you help convince my mom that the line on her front tooth is a hairline crack and not something that needs to be "filed down", and that this is per the dentist she doesn't remember I took her two weeks ago?

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
I'll try if you try to convince my grandpa that saving 10 cents a gallon on milk is not worth a $40 annual membership plus the price of gas and wear and tear on the car.  ;)

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
I just checked the calendar... two more weeks of Six Flags.  Two.  More.  Weeks.  I won't know what to do with myself if I have time to play werewolf again.  ;)

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
The kids are sick this week so we didn't go.  Next week will be our last week of it.  I will be glad to be done with it, but a little sad, too.  Dear god, there is something wrong with me that I would miss the insanity of this summer just a bit.  Of course, there's something wrong with me that I miss the insanity of werewolf, too... so six of one, half dozen of the other, I suppose.  ;)

Hellpuppy: Classic Edition

• Guardian of Female Virginity!!!
  • Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 09:42:28 AM »
 so six of one, half dozen of the other, I suppose.  ;)

Is that a Missourian colloquialism?

"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will

BFD

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
In NY we have to say it's 6 1/2 of one, 1/2 a bakers dozen of the other.  ;)

• Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
in CA we just say "crazy ass"
"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »
so six of one, half dozen of the other, I suppose.  ;)

Is that a Missourian colloquialism?

Umm... no.

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »

In Missouri you wear a gag and say nothing.  A much better state of being for you.  Have you worked things out, yet?

• Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »

In Missouri you wear a gag and say nothing.  A much better state of being for you.  Have you worked things out, yet?

gonna be more selective in who I loan money to in the future.  am toying with the idea of withdrawing from my IRA account ;)

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

gonna be more selective in who I loan money to in the future.  am toying with the idea of withdrawing from my IRA account ;)

Don't do that... that would be silly.

changeling

• Werewolfer
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
No puppy!!!! don't touch that IRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie: only one week to go!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!! :)

• Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 03:10:49 PM »
Incidential Recreational Account? :P