login

Author Topic: New YouTube Channel... ApostateBrinjen  (Read 5120 times)

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
New YouTube Channel... ApostateBrinjen
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:56:45 PM »
My first video... I'll get better at it, I promise.  pacifier

Jehovah - The Imaginary Bully
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: New YouTube Channel... ApostateBrinjen
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »
Brin!! You go girl :th_smilie_sg_003: That was awesome, and coincidentally you touched on one of the biggest questions I've ever had from a non-JW perspective. The "paradise earth" has always seemed bland at best and horrible at worst to me, I sure wouldn't want to live in it, and no JW has ever really answered any of my questions about what that would really be like apart from petting lions and everyone's young and healthy blah blah. It's like the real mechanics of how that would actually work are just too scary to look at in depth.

Also, it really struck me your point about what it really comes down to, is fear of dying at Armageddon, that this is the real "carrot" -- just to survive. Not to go off on a tangent, but this is curious to me too. I was raised in the American branch of the Anglican church (Episcopalian), and while that denomination isn't big on hellfire there was always the belief and teaching of a hell. When I was very small I was afraid of hell, even more afraid of me going to heaven but people I loved ending up in hell, so to me the idea of dying at Armageddon and then just being in a state of nothingness forever sounds kind of okay. I realize my past and perspective is vastly different from most everyone else here, I guess that's part of why this particular topic is so interesting to me.

It was a good choice of topic too because I think a lot of JWs do NOT like to think too hard about the details, billions of people being slaughtered and the magical cleanup and then living with a bunch of JWs, on and on, it's easier to just think about petting pandas and picking out mansions. Hopefully your video will get some wheels turning in the minds of any active ones who see it. To really think about it, and think it through, would have to change one's perspective I would think.

Well done, yay you :-)

PS - I laughed out loud when you peeked out the window to check if it was here yet. LOL.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:19:40 PM »
PS - I laughed out loud when you peeked out the window to check if it was here yet. LOL.

LOL. Me, too!
Yay, Brin! Good job! It was lovely to hear your voice and see you. I agree with nameless re: the carrot being fear of dying at the big A.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 02:06:42 AM »
Good job, Brin!  I laughed when you looked out the window, too.  Inside joke for us, I guess.

SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Babygirl

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
  • Juli A.K.A...."BABYBITCH"
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:12:39 AM »
dammit!!! I can't see it at work...I'll have to wait until tonight!  :tantie:

Never moon a Werewolf  :wolf12:

Bumble Bee

• Ethical Slut
  • Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:53:56 AM »
Very nicely done Brin!!  I liked how you talked about how you felt about things, kept it on a personal level, no ranting etc, no attacking.  Best way to get your point across.
It's kinda creepy thinking back about Jehovah knowing "everything" we do!!  That's worse than confession lol. 
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes

BFD

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:57:30 AM »
That was really well done, Brin.  I too had that fear of Armageddon even for many years after I left. 

I would have a re-occurring dream that the great battle started and I would find myself running to the KH I attended when I was a kid.  There would always be an invisible barrier that kept me from safety even as I watched others walk right through the doors.  It is something I have not thought about for a long time until just today after watching your video.

In one of my many conversations about the WTS with my mom I remember saying to her that I know she is too smart to follow the Brooklyn directive and all the flip flops.  Her reply to me was, "They are imperfect men.  I don't want to die.  I want to live forever and this is the only way I know how."

It is just so f***ing sad.  She is going to be 78 next month and she turned her back on her family back in 1997.  She was a young and beautiful woman when they came knocking in 1965 and dangled the 1975 carrot in her face.

I really hate thinking about it because it just makes me miss her more than I do already.

TheSilence

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
    • Werewolf
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »
I never really had an obsessive fear of Armageddon where it would really effect my life... but there were times when a 'Special News Bulletin' would interupt a program and I would have to actually leave the room because I made myself physically sick to my stomach because I just knew it would be an announcement that the governments had banned religion and then I would know Armageddon was soon and it was too late for me.  Good times... good times...

Jackie
Just a clever, quiet, unusual entity living in near equanimity.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »
I can remember one dream I had...................

Yes, Jackie, it involved a "special news bulletin"

Sooo, Armageddon had started----all the Dubs were going to Brooklyn and my Mom told me "good-bye" but I couldn't go with her.

Yeah, good times.  Good times.

Fuckers
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Babygirl

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:57 AM »
Great Job Brin! Loved how you looked out the window too!  :th_smilie_sg_003:

I remember growing up and anytime we did anything bad it was always "Do you wanna die at Armageddon"? It got to the point I would scream out "YES...PLEASE! JUST SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW" lol

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »
Yep, this is why I love you bitches (Will included  :th_Confus_84:)

BFD

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
 :th_wavesmile:

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »
 :th_smilie5:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »
Thanks guys.  :th_smilie_love_366:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:02 AM »
Oh!  Brin, it was great putting a voice to your posts.  You did a great job.  You didn't sound bitter, it was very well said.  Just your feelings and your experiences............I'm  betting someone out there needed to hear that (kinda like I needed to meet you 2-3 years ago).

You gave them nothing to attack you with!!!!!  LOVE IT!!!!!

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
I'm on messenger for a few minutes.............

Babygirl

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »
Dana...you not there on Yahoo!  :tantie:

Brin, love your accent! I told Timmie while I was watching I wanted to talk Australian! It's so much cooler than country twang. lol

Timmie just started quoting lines to me from "Tropic Thunder".   ROFLMAO  If ya'll ain't seen that movie, you need to. Robert Downey, Jr plays an awesome part!!

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
Looks like I missed Dana too.  :tantie:

Thinking of making the next video on 'Choosing Death'... especially after SmokingNtheGraveyard's (one of my favourite YouTubers) comment...

great first video Brinjen! Ill be sending this to all my friends.

"Paradise" never appealled to me either. An eternity of being controlled by those people, is was what I saw. I choose death. Death is freedom.

I never really thought I was going to survive armageddon anyway. (When I believed in it, anyway.

I was also told that in paradise I would be happy even though Jehovah killed my dad. Well I say f*** Jehovah.

There's a video in that...  popcorn

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
Brin, "Choosing Death" would be a great one!  It spoke to me.

Vince woke up so I have to go play wifey for awhile.

Str8?

• Queen Of Queens
  • Werewolfer
  • Hopelessly Addicted
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 02:11:27 AM »
Love it, Brin. xx
I am a weapon of massive consumption, but its not my fault, its how I'm programmed to function.