Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 9  (Read 591 times)

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
Walking Dead Season 9
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:43:31 AM »
We'll see if this thread dies like the series seems to be.   :biglaugh:

Vince is looking forward to it, I couldn't care less.  Sooo, I guess we'll be watching.

SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: Walking Dead Season 9
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:43:14 AM »
I forgot it was tonight :th_smilies-2: I'll be watching too, even though yes they are WRECKING it. They're also about to wreck Fear too. Ugh.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:23:02 AM »
Just watched "The Mist" again. The guy that directed the first season of TWD directed the Mist. It also starred Dale, Andrea, and Carol. Denise Huth co-produced both the shows and Greg Nicatero was over the special effects on both also.
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:26:06 AM »
Ash vs. Evil Dead also returns tonight.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
The Mist was a great movie. The ending still gives me chills. Stephen King even said he wished he had thought of that ending!

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
The Mist was a great movie. The ending still gives me chills. Stephen King even said he wished he had thought of that ending!
The church lady should have been shot alot sooner than what she was.
The first time i saw the movie, i thought damn, that could be a Hitchcock or a Twilight Zone movie because of the twist at the end.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
That was the worst death scene i think i've ever seen. There was so much stupid dialog that it was like a car wreck that you can't help but watch.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »
At least Morgan went back to "clear" Morgan. The sticking his hand inside of fat guy and pulling out his intestines was pretty cool.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 02:39:35 PM »
Carl's gone, but Morgan was in beast mode!!
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 05:37:35 AM »
The episode was better than I expected it to be! I still think it was a real dumb move to kill off Carl though.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
Chandler Riggs handled himself with class last night on Talking Dead. He didn't seem to be shattered about not being on the show any longer. He also got a hair cut, looked a bit older.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 09:49:37 AM »
I didn't watch Talking Dead, but yeah he has been a class act through all of this, especially after how he was treated. Gimple specifically told him and his family that he was safe for 3 years, so based on that info Riggs bought a house in the GA town where they film, then he was fired with no warning. Speculation is that it's because he was approaching his 18th birthday, at which point his pay scale would change dramatically. They're about to lose Lauren Cohen too for being cheap and stupid -- they've been terribly lowballing her for season 9, and refusing to negotiate, so she accepted the lead role in some other TV pilot and is apparently planning to walk.

AMC is a garbage network, so cheap and shortsighted. They always have been; even back in season 2, their response to TWD becoming a hit was to slash the budget. If a network like HBO had picked up this show instead of AMC, it would have been epic, and they would have done it justice. Not sure who I despise more, AMC suits or Scott Gimple. lol

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
Oh, I didn't realise it was back on (not that I enjoyed it much last season anyway).  But I can't not see it through!  Better go watch a foxtel repeat...
Just call me Fred!!

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
But I can't not see it through!

Me too, I will be watching until the bitter end...

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »
**peeks into the thread**

I added a new feature recently which may come in handy for the Walking Dead threads and the Game of Thrones thread next year.

It's a spoiler button, hit it once, type your text then hit the button again.

Spoiler: ShowHide
It will automatically hide the text so if you're unsure of discussing spoilers, use this feature. As I said, handy with Game of Thrones next year if season 8 leaks like season 7 did.
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:24 AM »
We watched TWD last night. I found it boring personally, too much Carl dying and not enough surviving and new action. I hope it picks up. We will be watching it to the end too but it is no longer our favourite show.

Our favourite show now is The Last Ship, has anyone seen it. Its a survival show too with tons of action on a destroyer ship and the places that ship has to go. Season 3 is epic. There has already been 4 seasons, new season coming up in June. I highly recommend it, even better than TWD IMO

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
The Spoiler tags are awesome, thank you!

Velvet, I've never heard of The Last Ship, but I just Googled it, and it sounds good. I also checked and do get that channel (TNT) so will definitely check it out. I recently cut the cord and dumped my cable TV provider -- now I stream everything via Sony Playstation Vue (doesn't require a Playstation despite the terrible name). It costs $40/month and, combined with HBO Now, gives me all the channels I need. I'm saving over $100/month! I still have Comcast for my Internet, but boy did it feel good to dump them for TV.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Nameless, we started streaming everything about two years ago.  I use Sling.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »
TWD is close to jumping the shark.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
Simon went rogue and killed all the garbage people, after Negan told him just one. Want to see the fallout when Negan finds out about this.