Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 8  (Read 1130 times)

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
Walking Dead Season 8
« on: October 24, 2017, 03:11:41 AM »
Everybody still watching?  Last night seemed a bit anti-climatic.  Maybe that's why nobody is talking about it much.  I did enjoy Talking Dead.  It was good to see all the all the "dead" actors again.  I still miss Hershel.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:12:05 AM by Dana »
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
Re: Walking Dead Season 8
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 06:23:07 AM »
It was a slow season opening episode, not many chills and thrills.
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
I'll watch it until it goes off the air, but I think TWD has lost its way. It went off the rails in season 6 and hasn't found its way back imho.

FTWD, on the other hand, has been amazing. Seasons 1 and 2 sucked, then season 3 came out of nowhere to be incredible -- the story was so good, and coherent, and compelling. The pacing is swift and exciting, with no filler episodes, no cheesy cliffhangers, no cheap tricks, stuff happening quickly and then the story continuing on. It was great. Then AMC announced that the showrunner is leaving and Scott Gimple is coming on board, so it was good while it lasted I guess. lol
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:20:33 AM by Nameless »
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:45 AM »
They have also announced that there will be a FTWD and a TWD crossover soon. Crossovers are usually a sign that a show is in trouble.

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »
 :th_moruyguygnin:

I just watched S8:E1.  My eyes were glazing over too much,  and It was too confusing.  Hopefully it will pick up next week.
Just call me Fred!!

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:43 AM »
I watch it faithfully. I loved last night's episode especially Darryl setting off all the bombs. The Talking Dead was great. Nice to see all the dead ones back. I don't watch FTWD, one zombie show is enough for me, but Lou watches it so I kinda know what's going on.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »
Hi Tara :th_smilie5:
I need to see if I can find talking dead.  I've never watched FTWD either, maybe one day will binge watch it!
Just call me Fred!!

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
what was the go with the grey  long bearded Rick and an older Judith.  Do you think that's in the future or a dream?
Just call me Fred!!

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »

what was the go with the grey  long bearded Rick and an older Judith.  Do you think that's in the future or a dream?

I think Rick was dreaming or fantasizing about life after Neegan.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »
The acting has gone downhill, particularly when they had everyone around making nonsensical speeches.  Was there a point to Norman Reedus riding around blowing barrels up?  I sure couldn't tell what he was doing.  There wasn't anyone around.  It was almost comical how long they drug the standoff out.  For the content, the episode was about 40 minutes too long.  They were also trying to use dramatic scenery and shots, but the storytelling lacked a compelling reason to do so.  Aside from the Glen Fiasco, this might be the worst episode I have seen.  Though, admittedly I skipped most of season 7.

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 01:34:14 AM »
I watched it and didn't enjoy it as much as usual, maybe it will pick up and let us know what they are up too. The thing with Rick in bed with the long grey beard and the flowers was weird. I think that TWD is running our of steam.

My favourite walking dead show is Fear the Walking dead, it was awesome this year. I too heard that there might be a crossover with both shows.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 04:34:24 AM »
The Saviors compound is seriously f***ed up now, at least.   Negan will probably kill Father Gabriel. I don't know what good that would do since they are both trapped and surrounded by more walkers than the population of Georgia.  Once Negan is gone you have to wonder what could possibly happen next.  I know the comics are still going, hopefully Season 8 will get better.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 08:50:21 AM »
The Saviors compound is seriously f***ed up now, at least.   Negan will probably kill Father Gabriel. I don't know what good that would do since they are both trapped and surrounded by more walkers than the population of Georgia.  Once Negan is gone you have to wonder what could possibly happen next.  I know the comics are still going, hopefully Season 8 will get better.

There's a group in the comics that may show up after Negan.

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 11:29:06 AM »
Ok so I did not read anything here because I fell asleep during the season premier. lol  I will catch up

I don't even remember how last season ended.

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
Ha I nodded off too,  woke up at the end and went back to see what I missed,   just seemed to be lots of footage timing the circuit and then boom crash action!
Just call me Fred!!

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
Not Sheeva !    :crybaby:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »
Does it seem like they tease helicopters when they running out of ideas?

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »
Last weeks show had their lowest ratings in 6 years.
I've lost alot of intrest in the show myself.

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 04:58:41 AM »
I'm still watching because an actor from my home town was introduced as a savior.  The actor 's name is Cuyle Carvin and he was supposedly in episode 4, "Some Guy" but I didn't see him.

If it wasn't for Cuyle's role I probably would not be watching.  It's gotten silly and ridiculous and I don't see where they can go with it from here.

And, it pissed me off that Aaron let Eric walk away dead.  Shouldn't he have put a knife in his head and taken him home for a proper burial?  Horrible, just horrible.

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »
House of Cards is a surprisingly good series if you are searching for a replacement to that zombie crap. 

Of course, seasons 4 and 5 ran out of steam, and it's no wonder they cancelled it too..  :th_itchingbutt:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)