login

Author Topic: Game Of Thrones - Season Seven  (Read 14649 times)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: Game Of Thrones - Season Seven
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »
Oh my, that was so good. The opening scene was perfect! So was the closing scene. And everything in between was on point too :daydream:

Littlefinger is looking for cracks to turn Sansa against Jon. The way he was watching during their dispute was unnerving!

Cersei has gone bats*** crazy, and Jaime knows it. I think he will be the one to end her. Her wardrobe is exquisite though. lol

Ed Sheeran was an interesting surprise :th_cheesy:

I love Arya so much. And I'm also really liking the Hound's redemption arc. I hope he will play an important role in the coming fight.

Euron Greyjoy is a smug punk. Ugh.

Poor Ser Jorah, yikes. And poor Samwell :th_smilie_tv_26: I was gagging right along with him!

Dany is home. And the dragons seemed to instinctively know where they were. The scenery there was incredible, I wonder where that was filmed.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
I was wondering the same when Dany was landing at Dragonstone. Where is that filmed? The scenery looks amazing.  :daydream:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
On another note, it appears Tormund Giantsbane is making an impression on Brienne, at last.  :th_smilie_happy_251:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Just read on the ABC News Facebook page that Foxtel's streaming service has crashed from the heavy load due to Game of Thrones. Lots of people pissed.  :daydream:

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »
Back on topic...I've never seen Game of Thrones.

The last series you guys got me addicted to was Dexter and I had to up my cable subscription to get Showtime.

Can I see this on Amazon or Netfix?

I've been watching both Dexter and How to get away with murder concurrently,  both are very good shows.  Though I do feel like Dexter has somewhat slowed down a bit, become a bit repetitive.  I'm on the 3rd season. 

Been thinking about following in Dexter's footsteps.  But since instead of going after murderers, I'd go after annoying people. =D  **eyes Snuggles**  :shifty_eyes:
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:04 PM »
Oh my, that was so good. The opening scene was perfect! So was the closing scene. And everything in between was on point too :daydream:

Littlefinger is looking for cracks to turn Sansa against Jon. The way he was watching during their dispute was unnerving!

Cersei has gone bats*** crazy, and Jaime knows it. I think he will be the one to end her. Her wardrobe is exquisite though. lol

Ed Sheeran was an interesting surprise :th_cheesy:

I love Arya so much. And I'm also really liking the Hound's redemption arc. I hope he will play an important role in the coming fight.

Euron Greyjoy is a smug punk. Ugh.

Poor Ser Jorah, yikes. And poor Samwell :th_smilie_tv_26: I was gagging right along with him!

Dany is home. And the dragons seemed to instinctively know where they were. The scenery there was incredible, I wonder where that was filmed.

I was actually disappointed by the first episode.  I thought it was kind of slow and non-wow.  The most memorable scene for me was the first one.  I agree that was an excellent way to start off the new season.  Just thought it was a little far fetched that Aarya now somehow can also mimic voices, lol. 

I had to look away during the Samwell cleaning-duties scene, I was munching on popcorn at the time, and yeah, no, it got to be too much, lol.   
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »
Oh yes, and I also think, and hope, that Jamie will be the one to off Cersei.  Bitch's come unhinged and cuckoo.  She's basically done everything that Jamie killed off the Mad King to prevent him from doing, and he knows it. 

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »
I was wondering the same when Dany was landing at Dragonstone. Where is that filmed? The scenery looks amazing.  :daydream:

Most of it is Ireland.  Looks like this season will include beaches in Spain and Iceland. 

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:30 PM »
Just read on the ABC News Facebook page that Foxtel's streaming service has crashed from the heavy load due to Game of Thrones. Lots of people pissed.  :daydream:

I was watching it via the HBO Now app on an older Apple TV, which sometimes has trouble keeping up.  We started by watching the last episode of Season 6.  Right around 7:55 CT the app crashed and was unable to load again, lol. 

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 11:54:12 PM »
Ed Sheeran was an interesting surprise

Meh... I saw him and just didn't care.  At all.  How's that for a s***ty opinion?   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

I was a little disappointed too.  I think that it was all the waiting which is why you are all raving about it.  :D  Another vile filthy opinion.  :D

Anyways... they can't just jump in and get things going after a big haitus like that.  Frankly, next week will probably be good. 

Dexter?  That show gets old towards the end.  How many damned people can he kill and serial killer friends meet?  Meh... 

Watched season 3 of Fargo.  Excellent show, as were the previous two seasons. 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:56 PM »
And yes, the cleanup scenes were truly awful.  I was gagging.  Thanks game of thrones.   :th_drbble:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2017, 06:09:36 AM »
Disappointed? Y'all are crazy! :th_Content_16: The bulk of the episode wasn't action-packed, but it moved so many pieces into place and started to braid so many loose strings together. There will be no "filler" or wasted episodes -- there are only 7 episodes this season, and 6 for season 8 (the final season), so everything matters. They chose to put all of their budget and efforts into fewer episodes, rather than stretching it out further than it needs to be.

Though I do feel like Dexter has somewhat slowed down a bit, become a bit repetitive.  I'm on the 3rd season. 

It picks back up. Season 4 is the best season by far. However, do yourself a favor and don't even bother with the last two seasons. Or, if you must, at least skip the final episode of the series :th_cheesy:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »
On another note, it appears Tormund Giantsbane is making an impression on Brienne, at last.  :th_smilie_happy_251:

https://streamable.com/zri2o  :4_1_72: It will break my heart if these two don't get together before it all ends lol.

Meh... I saw him and just didn't care.  At all.  How's that for a s***ty opinion?

I wasn't particularly happy to see him, just surprised. I mean, all of a sudden there is Ed Sheeran in GoT, wtf? I kinda wish they hadn't done it.

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2017, 06:32:54 AM »
I agree the episode was good and all the scenes were very good at picking up from the last season as both refreshers and continuance.  Except for Gendry... anybody knows his whereabouts?? :th_drbble:

But it was still not impressive.  I'm just so used to chaos and mayhem and destruction and explosions from the last few seasons that I found myself wishing for more of that. 

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2017, 06:34:10 AM »
Also, I'm actually half-way through S5 of Dexter, lol.  I've been binge-watching it so much I completely lost track of where I was.  So yeah, not impressed... meh.  I've heard a lot about the Finale, so I'm kinda looking forward to that, even if it's disappointing. 

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:23 AM »
I liked season 5. A lot of people didn't, but I enjoyed the whole Lumen story arc. It does not get better from here though. lol

As for Gendry...

:biglaugh:

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 06:52:47 AM »
 :th_smilie_happy_251:

OMG, those memes are hilarious!!  Poor lad... I should have rescued him when I had the chance...  :shifty_eyes:

And that's unfortunate about Dexter.  The only interesting part about S5 is the fact that Lumen is from MN...  :tongue_smile:  Aside from that I want to kill the bitch. 

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2017, 08:18:46 AM »
I have a bad feeling that Gendry will just never be mentioned again :th_11-7: I hope I'm wrong, because that would be super frustrating.

LOL I think I'm very alone in finding Lumen kind of endearing :th_zzz: Also, season 6 wasn't bad. But 7 and 8... ugh. Keep us updated on where you are as you watch!

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
Gendry is still alive in the books but the situations and people he appears with are in the show without Gendry.  :th_itchingbutt:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:49 AM »
Disappointed? Y'all are crazy! :th_Content_16: The bulk of the episode wasn't action-packed, but it moved so many pieces into place and started to braid so many loose strings together. There will be no "filler" or wasted episodes -- there are only 7 episodes this season, and 6 for season 8 (the final season), so everything matters. They chose to put all of their budget and efforts into fewer episodes, rather than stretching it out further than it needs to be.

Though I do feel like Dexter has somewhat slowed down a bit, become a bit repetitive.  I'm on the 3rd season. 

It picks back up. Season 4 is the best season by far. However, do yourself a favor and don't even bother with the last two seasons. Or, if you must, at least skip the final episode of the series :th_cheesy:

Remember, this is the person who kept on with certain series loooooooooong after all the rest of us gave up on them.  Take the warning seriously.  I never watched those seasons, and you couldn't pay me to watch them either.  It got to the point of "for f***s sake, another serial killer friend????"!!!???!! 

Dexter just plain sucked at the end.