Author Topic: The Last Kingdom  (Read 870 times)

Dizzy

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
The Last Kingdom
« on: June 22, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »
The Last Kingdom is a totally awesome new show on Netflix I think every one should go watch. I need it to get awesome ratings so they decide to renew it.

It's about a Saxon boy raised as a Dane Viking who is torn between his loyalties to his Dane family and his desire to regain his birthright as a Saxon lord. Through The focus of this semi made up character the show tells the real history of King Alfred The Great. The only king to defend his kingdom of Wessex against the Danes and later unite all the kind kingdoms under one monarch and become what we know as England.

The show is really well made with superb actors. It is based on books which I am now going to hunt down and read because I am that hooked on the story.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
Re: The Last Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »
I've watched both seasons through a couple of times now. Excellent series.  :daydream:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Might give it a go once I'm done with Dexter and How to get away with murder...  :th_drbble: :shifty_eyes:
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

Dizzy

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
Not to mention the main character is freaking gorgeous.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »
Not to mention the main character is freaking gorgeous.

Oh yeah.  :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:28 AM »
We've watched Last Kingdom.  It's good, I like Vikings a little better.  Yes, the lead character is f***ing gorgeous.

I need to be watching How to Get Away with Murder.  I watched the first two episodes about a year ago and then got distracted.  "Look something shiny!"   :th_happy093:

Jedi which season of Dexter are you watching now?  That is possibly my favorite series EVER.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »
I'm going to check out the books first.  Thanks for the recommendation, Dizz!
"A religion without a Goddess is half-way to atheism."

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »
That does sound interesting. And at first I thought that guy was Jon Snow with straightened hair! :biglaugh:

Since we're talking about TV shows, is anyone else watching the new Twin Peaks? I was in LOVE with Twin Peaks back in the '90s, and this reboot is even better than the original. You probably have to be a David Lynch fan to enjoy it though. It can get a little weird :grin:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage