login

Author Topic: Merry Christmas from Oneonta, NY  (Read 1534 times)

William

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
Merry Christmas from Oneonta, NY
« on: December 13, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Did I happen to mention that the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center in NYC hails from my hometown.  Yep, I have driven past that tree a million times and always thought it would make a perfect RC Christmas tree to be enjoyed by millions of people from all over the world.  Then it happened.  Go figure.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

https://goo.gl/images/T7W4KF

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:32:30 PM by William »

William

• Werewolfer
Re: Merry Christmas from Oneonta, NY
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »
The tree will be milled into wood to build houses for Habitat for Humanity when it is dismantled.  :th_smilie_sg_003:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
MURDERER...another tree sacrificed at the alter of paganism... :face-devil-grin:
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:29:12 PM »
What a disgusting practice.  Cutting down living breathing trees to satisfy your need to see another thing made beautiful, only to throw it in the trash afterwards.  It's like floral toilet paper!   :72_72:

Anyways, where was I going with this?

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
 :th_fvahyo_th1:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 08:43:40 AM »
It's so pretty! Merry Christmas! :elf:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 09:46:55 AM »
There is a tree in the edge of our yard that we call Joe's tree.

Joe was my Dad's best friend.  He was my close friend too.  He was tickled s***less when I had kids.  So,  for Logan's first Christmas my Dad and Joe go to the woods to get a tree for the baby.  They picked out a beautiful tree.  Joe turns to Dad and told him to get the saw.  Dad tells Joe he didn't bring a saw, but he brought a shovel.  They dug that tree up.

We placed the tree in a bucket with a bit of gravel and dirt, decorated it.  When the weather warmed up we planted it and it grew.  That tree became really important after Joe died.

For Halla's first Christmas, Joe and Dad cut a tree that looked like a cigar.  I have pictures somewhere.

I really want a tree this year!  I have three cats.   :th_itchingbutt:
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »
Aww that is such a nice story. Planted trees like that are so special. When my mom died, my brother planted a Japanese maple sapling in his backyard. It's now big and beautiful and bright red in the Fall. On Thanksgiving this year, I took a picture of them under it for their Christmas card.

Also, you should try a tree! At least a small one, like a tabletop tree. I did that one year, and decorated it, and the cats mostly left it alone. My tree this year still isn't decorated, so it looks naked in the daytime lol, but it's pretty at night with the lights and the cats aren't bothering it (would be a different story with ornaments and tinsel on it though). You should try it!

Here's a pic of mine for Will, since he's not on FB:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »
Have the cats conquered that beast yet like king kong conquered the empire state building? 

You clearly don't stand a chance.  They are just waiting for you to let your guard down.   :daydream:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 08:24:33 AM »
Nameless your tree is beautiful  :th_NewPicture15:

That tree is HUGE in New York, it must look awesome in person. It is good that they will make use of the tree after it isn't needed for decoration.

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 11:12:25 AM »
Dana, I love the story behind Joe's tree.  That really is special.  I never neglected to put up a tree when I had cats.  I pretty much let them "enjoy" it in the spirit of Christmas. lol  Simon used to sleep in the tree.  I think I may have posted pictures here of him in the tree one year.  I stopped using tinsel after the year I had to pull a long string of it out of Sammy's asshole!  It just kept coming out! YUCK! lol 

Nameless, I love your tree.  Thanks for sharing it here.  I am going to decorate this weekend.   I put the lights up outside last week but just have not got around to decorating inside yet and times a wastin'!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PS- Zero.... :th_smilie_bleh:
PPSS- Snuggles...KISS ME!

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
 :woohoo: :bananahit: :enjoy: :shoog: :banline:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 11:37:14 PM »

>:0

Merry Christmas from Japan, the first ones to have Christmas roll in.  Oh god I love myself.   :daydream:  That's all I'll ever do...  :th_too_sad:

すみませんわにほんにメッイェチSツマスきます!!!:D
:D

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »
I love the peacock spiders!

Merry New Year!

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
I should go buy one of those cheap marked down artificial trees just to let the cats have a party.  We could have Catmas is January.  It would give them a diversion.  They don't care for football.

I did find a movie on Netflix, "The Lion in the Living Room".  They actually watched it.  Vince and I were laughing.  Cats lined up in front of the tv, watching a movie was hilarious.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.