Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Like Vegetables  (Read 34165 times)

john doe

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
Re: Donald Trump Is Like Vegetables
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »
I don't think trump has anyone's interest in mind other than his own.

I think that's true of every person in this race. Except Bernie :daydream:
Bernie wants to tax and spend us into slavery.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »
I think it's more accurate to say he wants to reassess how tax dollars are allocated.

**edit, okay that's not entirely true, BUT we would actually be geting something other than a bunch of wars in return for our tax dollars -- like health care, infrastructure, education, etc.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:15:59 AM by Nameless »
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  :crazy:

Rather than living a life of luxury he would much rather expose himself to the rigors of a political campaign.

Now eat your vegetables for your own good.

Thank you.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 11:14:31 AM »

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  :crazy:

Rather than living a life of luxury he would much rather expose himself to the rigors of a political campaign.

Now eat your vegetables for your own good.

Thank you.

You see no possible selfish reason an egomaniac would run for national office? 

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »
I am sure it feeds his ego.  But I am more sure he has a genuine concern for the well being of this country.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »
Actually, what Bernie Sanders is proposing isn't much different to Whitlam here in the 1970's. He bought in free university education, universal healthcare etc. We didn't go into debt. He didn't raise taxes either. The extra industries the education and health policies attracted to Australia more than paid for the costs. It's what made us "the clever country". We need to go back to that way of thinking, but the current mob is too busy shipping our jobs off to China and trying to reduce our wages and our rights to do anything like that.  :th_itchingbutt:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:18:29 AM by Brinjen »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »
Really, the people who would best serve are those who don't particularly want the job. "Politician" should not be a permanent career.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »
Have you ever noticed how human nature dictates that we are more apt to believe the sincerity of those who say what we wish to hear?

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 11:19:24 AM »
the current mob is too busy shipping our jobs off to China and trying to reduce our wages and our rights to do anything like that.  :th_itchingbutt:

Sounds familiar :biglaugh:

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »
btw as it stands now the top 1% carries 35% of the federal tax burden.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
As far as taxes, the whole thing needs an overhaul. There are so many loopholes and twisty turns -- there is not a person alive who understands the tax code in its entirety. We need to overhaul it and come up with something much less convoluted and more fair.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
I need to go buy some chocolate. I'll be back later :daydream:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2016, 11:25:46 AM »
It would be impossible to accomplish and would never happen, but I'm a fan of abolishing income tax and just moving entirely to a sales tax.  Can't get more fair and equal than that.  Secondly, government spending is astronomically out of control.  There is absolutely no excuse for the government to be confiscating 25% or more in income taxes alone. 

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2016, 11:51:51 AM »
I agree abolishing the federal income tax would be a good thing.  People would have more expendable income that could generate revenue in the form of sales tax.  The downside is the greedy government would probably hike sales taxes to unreasonable rates.

If you add up all the tax we pay every year it probably approaches close to 50% of income between sales tax, income tax, property tax, etc.  We are being fleeced by a government that is out of control and has the ability to give themselves pay raises and has better pension benefits and health care than 90% of the country they supposedly serve.

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
Now eat your vegetables.  They're good for you.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »

Just a suggestion....Lindt Excellence...Dark... with a touch of sea salt.... :th_drbble:

I can't get enough.  :th_drbble:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »

Just a suggestion....Lindt Excellence...Dark... with a touch of sea salt.... :th_drbble:

I can't get enough.  :th_drbble:

LOL great minds (no sea salt though):

In other, completely unrelated news... I can't stop listening to this kid. I think he is going to be a superstar! He is ridiculously talented, and only just turned 17 years old. His name is Declan McKenna and I think he is amazing. Kid has a bright, bright future.

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 02:36:36 AM »
It would be impossible to accomplish and would never happen, but I'm a fan of abolishing income tax and just moving entirely to a sales tax.  Can't get more fair and equal than that.  Secondly, government spending is astronomically out of control.  There is absolutely no excuse for the government to be confiscating 25% or more in income taxes alone.

Hahaha!   :th_laugh:

"25%".......that's cute.

Try being a Canadian.  I think we get taxed like 53%.
"A religion without a Goddess is half-way to atheism."

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 05:58:01 AM »
So Cruz and Kasich have now announced that they're openly colluding to keep Trump from getting the nomination -- they're splitting up upcoming states and not campaigning against each other. Neither can win, they're just trying to make sure Trump loses. Not sure what the endgame here is -- who else could the nominee be? (edit: I mean, even if it goes to a brokered convention, who else can they put up? Cruz and Kasich have both been roundly rejected by voters, and it would be even more insane to put up someone who hasn't even been running  :th_wacky2:)

This is such a clusterf***, it's like a slo-mo trainwreck and you just can't look away :th_Content_16:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:00:41 AM by Nameless »

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:21 AM »
So Cruz and Kasich have now announced that they're openly colluding to keep Trump from getting the nomination -- they're splitting up upcoming states and not campaigning against each other. Neither can win, they're just trying to make sure Trump loses. Not sure what the endgame here is -- who else could the nominee be? (edit: I mean, even if it goes to a brokered convention, who else can they put up? Cruz and Kasich have both been roundly rejected by voters, and it would be even more insane to put up someone who hasn't even been running  :th_wacky2:)

This is such a clusterf***, it's like a slo-mo trainwreck and you just can't look away :th_Content_16:
As I understand it, if they can limit the number of delegates trump gets, the establishment can have a contested convention, at which point they can choose whom they want to.  They're not playing to win the primaries, just to get into the convention.