login

Author Topic: Jacob Grenz...  (Read 4180 times)

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
Jacob Grenz...
« on: November 27, 2008, 01:24:06 AM »
I've mentioned him a couple of time on JWD... was just listening to his CD so I thought I'd give him a free plug here.

He's an ex-jw, disfellowshipped a few years ago after he confessed to his homosexuality. This was the second time for him, the first was when he faked a drug addiction to try to hide a crush he was developing on a male friend.

His story is here...

http://www.jacobgrenz.com/afflicted.php

You can also listen to his EP that he released a couple of years ago, my favourite by far is 'Don't Drink The Water'.

http://www.jacobgrenz.com/music.php?song=water

Buy his CD or just send him a nice email to say hello. He may take a while to respond, but he will.  :th_smilie5:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

BFD

Re: Jacob Grenz...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:57:30 AM »
Thank you, Brin.  I am listening to his music now.  He is incredible.

It's sad to think how much talent has been lost from this world due to intolerence making suicide seem the only option out.  I am so very happy that Jacob made it through.  He is an amazing talent.

shells

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
I just read his bio, and all i can say is "wow"!!
Goes from 0 to bitch...in 2.1 seconds!!

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:27:39 AM »
I just read his bio, and all i can say is "wow"!!

Me, too. He seems to have it together depite it all. Good for him!
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

gunshy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 05:53:19 AM »
I found something that I'm confused with in his biography.

If he went to the elders claiming to have a drug addiction, why did they disfellowship him? I thought the policy for disfellowshipping is that if a person is caught in wrongdoing he was to be disfellowshipped. Coming forward and confessing to wrongdoing is an act of contrition.

I came forward and confessed to having sexual relations with women other than my estranged JW wife and was only privately reproved. I don't get it.

The elders where he came from do not seem to be playing by the rules.

Bumble Bee

• Ethical Slut
  • Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 05:57:09 AM »
That is was is "supposed" to happen gunshy, but in reality, it rarely does.  My brother went to the elders twice, before they came to him, and confessed his wrongdoings, and both times he was DF'd.  This was after repeated requests for help from them too. 
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes

gunshy

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
Yea, I guess the hall I was in wasn't that bad when it came to that.

Babygirl

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
  • Juli A.K.A...."BABYBITCH"
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 06:32:17 AM »
I found something that I'm confused with in his biography.

If he went to the elders claiming to have a drug addiction, why did they disfellowship him? I thought the policy for disfellowshipping is that if a person is caught in wrongdoing he was to be disfellowshipped. Coming forward and confessing to wrongdoing is an act of contrition.

I came forward and confessed to having sexual relations with women other than my estranged JW wife and was only privately reproved. I don't get it.

The elders where he came from do not seem to be playing by the rules.

That "rule" doesn't apply around here either. I was the one that went & confessed that I was seeing someone else. Only because I was tired of the hiding and always looking over my shoulder. I felt freedom...especially when they said I was being df'd.... :frolic: They said they could tell I was not at all repentant even though I came forward. 
Never moon a Werewolf  :wolf12:

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:43:05 AM »
I read his bio last night when I couldn't sleep.  I did notice he didn't voluntarily go to the elders, his Mom dragged him before their lofty thrones--then he confessed.  That sounds strangely familiar.  Looks like his Mom snooped in his room too.

JW Moms are a f***ing trip.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Doclove

• Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
I first seen this guy awhile back. It is sad for sure. I think he is a genius. To do all that to your own flesh and blood kills me. I hate that CULT.