Author Topic: *Rant*  (Read 1645 times)

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
*Rant*
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:15 AM »
Christians are getting on my last nerve.  Seems several of my friends IRL are suddenly some sort of born-again stark raving mad bible-thumping, knuckle draggin' Jesus freaks.  I know it's because of the election and the so-called  Moral Majority is clamping down at Sunday School.  (Although the titty bar is still full of Deacons on Saturday night--been there, saw them)

I've got one friend, Kevin, who has joined some sort of Apostolic-speaking in tongues- give up everything that could be construed as fun for Jesus religion.  He understands the reasons why I feel the way I do, but he still holds out hope that I will come around.  Our relationship is strained and we've been friends for 10 years.  We have NOTHING in common anymore.   I did allow him to take my son to church with him a couple of time.  Logan said they were nice people, BUT he didn't want to go again.  *Applause for me letting him make up his own mind about God*

I've got one close friend of the family, sends me 5-6 messages a day about how we have to keep God in our country.  I asked her nicely not to send me anything religion-related.  She says she has freedom of speech.   I would love to stomp a mudhole in her ass.  Grrrrrrrrrrr............

Living in the bible belt, any trip you make to the supermarket, gas station, you always hear-----We can't have a nigger for President.  Yes, they use that word.

Once after the Dr. King's birthday was made a holiday I had a man wish me "Happy Nigger Day" at the Piggly Wiggly.  My response?  I said "Fuck you".  Yeah that was stooping to his level, but those were the first words that came to mind.

Raising a black daughter makes me hyper-sensitive, I guess.  But she is ranked around 5th in her class.  That leaves alot of crackers behind her, right?  It's funny that a 15 year old girl can see things about race and religious nuts so clearly.  She was the one who suggested that churches teach their members how to spell abomination.

Oh well, Vince's atheist best friend (and mine too) will be here this weekend.  So I will get a break.

Rant over.  Thanks for listening.

SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Awake and Watching

• Life is Beautiful!
  • Werewolfer
  • Robin
Re: *Rant*
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:18:07 AM »

Fuck that! Five to six messages a day is not freedom of speech - it's harassment. Of course those Bible thumpers think they can do any gull derned thing they want in the name of religion, JW or otherwise. Nauseating! Did I spell that right? Hats off to your daughter! Kick their asses girlfriend! We've got your back

Missed me didn't you? :th_smilie_engel_094:
A CLOSED MIND IS A WONDERFUL THING TO LOSE.

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:19:37 AM »
Yep, I miss you. :th_smilie5:
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:38:16 AM »
Dana, that's awful that people talk and think that way. I'm sorry and don't blame you for being mad.
Bible thumping Christians scare me. They think their way is the only way and don't want to allow for any other point of view. I love to watch "The View", but the past couple of weeks I've wanted to actually hurt Elizabeth a few times instead of just wanting to puke after listening to her.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:09 AM »
I'd like to beat Elizabeth to a pulp for being stupid.

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
I thought that thing's had gone passed that these days..........I guess old habit's die hard  :funky3:

I've got 2 adopted sisters one half indian and the other half polynesian.  they got some flack in glasgow in the 70's, but I reckon the south would beat that.
Just call me Fred!!

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

changeling

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »
I know what you mean Dana. I'm so over religion, all of it. It makes me sick. I know people have a right to believe whatever they want, but when are they going to wake up and see it's all bulls***?
"I will not calm down!"  - Hermione Granger

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
Funny sig, Changie......

I'm having withdrawls....

Thought we were supposed to get a prayer from the ASSembly.......

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
We have the wet/dry vote coming up Tuesday.  You should SEE the ads churches are putting in the newspaper.  Makes them look sooooo stupid. 

According to the church (puke).  We will ALL be skid row bums and slaves to alcohol.  Everybody will forget about God.  Forget about GOD???  Heaven help us!! 

Seems my anti-religion stance is spreading to all religions.  They are so PUSHY!!  Leave me alone and get the f*** off my lawn.

LunaLoveBek

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »
I'm so over religion, all of it. It makes me sick. I know people have a right to believe whatever they want, but when are they going to wake up and see it's all bulls***?

Gosh what a breath of fresh air.  JWD is boring as hell now the election is over, JWS appears to be full of CHRISTIANS!!!!!  I haven't been at MoChat much, and I navigation is not comfey yet. 

Damn I miss you guys.