Author Topic: Just Bought Aperature 3!!!  (Read 3796 times)

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
Just Bought Aperature 3!!!
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:40 AM »
Just installed it in eight minutes - now importing, and I've heard it can take a very very very long time.  I'm sitting waiting for it now... probably go have a nap or something whilst it works it's magic. 

I'll let you know what I think of it. 

Basically, I have about a thousand pictures of climbing, archeological sites in South America, etc. etc. etc. and they haven't turned out so well.  I figured what the hell - I'll give this a try.

It seems pretty slick, and the reviews have been outstanding!

Frigging Mac's.  They are soooo much fun!!!!   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • cheers!
Re: Just Bought Aperature 3!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:26:23 AM »
Yay! Sounds very sexy...please share some pictures when you've gorgeousified them!!
 :th_greenstars:
"I shouldnt stone text Teddy." Dana - 2013
"I'm so gladiator that you are all smart personals." - Goddess 2013
"And as he died, he s*** himself. And boy did it stink." Jedi death by Faundy, 2017

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:36 AM »
I will.

Poopsie,

I would like to publish an album on the web, but I don't want people to steal my pictures!  I've worked hard to get them and perhaps one day I will publish them?  Who knows...

Do you or anyone know of this type of application where they would be secure? 

(1/3 of my import is done now... still waiting... I am going to have a nap for sure!)

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
This website is protected...you have to pay for it but it's really polished looking. I'll be setting up a site for myself soon over there and hopefully sell some!!

http://www.photoshelter.com/index/c

"And as he died, he s*** himself. And boy did it stink." Jedi death by Faundy, 2017

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
Thanks love!

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
How are the photos looking? I seriously believe Photoshop Elements is worth it's weight in gold... at least 80% of the features and goodies of the full version for around 10% of the price.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Haven't looked much at Aperature... is it a graphics editing package or just photo re-touching?  :th_mood_artistic:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
It's a bit of both, love.

I'm reading the book - literally!  It seems you can do anything with it so far... the slideshows are awesome and you can do pretty much anything with that too. 

My main goal is to touch up some thousand or so pictures that were sadly overexposed a bit around the equator. 

Update to come in the next few days...

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
So far seems pretty good - I've been working crazy hours so the television's off tonight and I'm readding up on it right now, er, um, watching online 'how to's from Apple.

Have I told you all how in love I am with my Apple product?  It was about 3X more than a standard garbage laptop but this thing is soooooooo ubercool!!   :th_drbble:

I actually dust it every night before I close the lid.  Uber freaking cool!!!   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 02:52:21 AM »
The faces menu is, well, uber cool!  It automatically detects faces and assigns pictures to them.  Amazing. 

Also, it uses GPS coordinates to place your pictures where you took them - or you can assign places if need be.  Totally awesome!  The filters are a pain in the ass, but the processing seems fine. 

I've been working on it for a few days and going through my library assigning places - It's been a lot of work, but I have a ton of pictures. 

In other words, I recommend it.  I'm still checking out weather or not I can upload my extensive library to the web for others to view, but the pictures must be non-downloadable!  I still don't know if that's possible, but we'll see...

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »
sounds exciting!!!
When can we see some of your pictures? I'm dying for a tease...  :teeth_smile:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:51 AM »
I can emal, but I'm still freaked about posting to the web - I have some nice ones I'd like to possibly publish. 

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:25 AM »
email me email me!!

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
Poopsie,

Give me your address via a PM, love and I'll do it. 

The applications on Aperture 3 is vast to say the least.  I imagine that, as Brinjen said, Photoshop has more but the slideshows, places view (on the map of the world), faces view is amazing. 

I don't know why I'm typing this - it's not like there's anyone that interested, LOL.  There's a lot of buttons to figure out, and I've also found out that I have to spend a lot more time on my photos cleaning them up and making them searchable on my computer (I have 4,000 pictures at least!)