login

Author Topic: Mac, Yes???  (Read 10803 times)

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
Re: Mac, Yes???
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 02:41:51 AM »
Not too sure what you meant either, Poopsie.  Do you mean number pads on the side?  Yeah, mine doesn't have one.  Doesn't seem too business oriented, but my work laptop is for that.  It's also a piece of junk.

Oh Brinjen, it's so shiney, so fast, so sleek, so neat.  I"m typing from my old one now, and I literally hate it.  Today I have to go see about yet another job, and don't have a lot of time to play with it....

Expensive but nice mang!  Uber cool is the only way I can describe it.   :th_drbble:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:38 AM »
They have computers in Canada??? (ah sh*t I'm out of here)... :th_innocent2_smilie:
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:26 AM »
LOL!

They can work but we gotta scrape the ice off the monitor every morning.   :th_smilie_happy_251:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • cheers!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 05:58:13 AM »
Not too sure what you meant either, Poopsie.  Do you mean number pads on the side?  Yeah, mine doesn't have one.  Doesn't seem too business oriented, but my work laptop is for that. 

Yeah, I'm not sure about the notebooks but the desktops in Europe definitely have the numeric pad on the keyboards and I know they're not available here. The homeowners where I stayed in London over Christmas have a Mac and I have to say, I thought it was one sexy piece of machinery!!
"I shouldnt stone text Teddy." Dana - 2013
"I'm so gladiator that you are all smart personals." - Goddess 2013
"And as he died, he s*** himself. And boy did it stink." Jedi death by Faundy, 2017

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 01:44:30 PM »
Yes,

They sell them love....online.  Wireless with the numberic keypads.  Those are a must for any business application.

Oh my god, I love my mac.  I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it... pain in the butt to get all my files over.  This should be my last message on my PC.  I've been foolish and wanted to sell it, but this Monday I'll probably see what charity would like it.  2 years old, I'll reformat it, it's a really decent desktop.  Now that I've seen the other side, I don't even want this junk in my house. 

I've been saved... my the mac gods

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
"And as he died, he s*** himself. And boy did it stink." Jedi death by Faundy, 2017

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »
Didn't even want to look at my Vista system after I bought my iMac. Wound up selling it a month or so later and haven't regretted it for a moment.  :th_NewPicture15:

*gives her Mac a cuddle and says "I love you"*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:50:37 PM by Brinjen »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 01:53:16 AM »
Isn't it just the best, Brinjen?   :th_drbble:

I can't believe how easy it is to learn, and the graphics.... WOW!  I'm buying Aperture today.  It looks so cool, and I have heaps of pictures that need touch-ups.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 01:53:45 AM »
P.S.

Nice flash, poopsie!   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »
Hey monkeykins - have you dashed out to buy an iPad yet?

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
A song inspired by a Mac...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:35:54 AM by Brinjen »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »
This thread is frustrating me because now I'm seeing all the issues with my vista laptop but I'm broke so I can't buy anything new right now. Somebody HUG ME!!!!
 pacifier

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
 :th_smilie5:

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
Thanks Brin!  :th_smilie_hug:

Now all I need is $2000 for the macbook I want...  :th_itchingbutt:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
If you check the Apple website, they usually have refurbished gear going for much less. They're usually warranty repairs but they come packaged as new and you get the same warranty as if it were new. You can save quite a bit that way.  :th_NewPicture15:

A local store here has a refurbished MacBook for only $750.  :th_drbble: If it's still there when I get my tax refund (should be around 6 weeks) I'm grabbing it... been sitting there for at least a month so far. Duo Core processor... in excellent condition...  :th_kopje-koffie-1: Should be something similar around your way...

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • cheers!
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
Thanks Brin!  :th_4:

I'll definitely check that out...hopefully I'll come into flipping great wadges of cash soon (don't ask me how cuz I don't know yet) and I'll be able to buy the top of the line and not even blink at the till. Until then, I'm determined to be grateful for the fact that we have this interweb thingy so that we can all get to know one another....cuz I love all you guys!!

:th_danseninrondje:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
Poopsie,

Do you type?  I mean type properly?  If you do, and you do any type of word processing (i.e. typing on this website) I think you'd hate an iPad.  The keyboard is somewhat, um, funky to say the least.  So that's why I chose a macbook. 

Am I going to buy one?  No, I don't think so.  My macbook does everything I want with my iPhone. 

Kiss me! 

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »
You can get a keyboard dock to go with the iPad... the wireless keyboard for desktop Macs works with it too... but I don't think I'll be getting one myself either. I'll grab the new iPhone (when it comes out which should just about coincide with me getting my tax refund  :th_bf-swinging:) and a notebook of some description... either a MacBook or a netbook running Linux in the very least.  :th_computer_smilie:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
I agree, Brinjen.  I'd either get an iPhone or an iPad but not both.  (I've got an iPhone, personally) 

That with a mac computer.   :th_drbble:

Oh darling, you're going to love your iPhone. 

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
I'm in love with my iPhone already... and it hasn't even been released.  :th_drbble:

I found a website with pics and details of what they believe to be an engineering sample of the new iPhone. If it's real... they're going to be changing the design... curved back will go and replaced with a flat one (looks a little like the Sony Ericsson phones) but the back will be made from ceramic/glass material which will allow the phone to get a much better signal. The screen is going high resolution, the memory (of course) will increase and it looks like they are installing a second microphone (for noise cancelling), the camera is getting an upgrade (and a flash) and there will be a camera installed on the front (for video calls). Can't wait.  :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble: