Author Topic: Mac, Yes???  (Read 9404 times)

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
Mac, Yes???
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
I recently purchased an I phone and I freaking love it.  SEriously considering a mac laptop right now...

Do you like it?  Do you hate it?  A little of both?

The two posts were from a long time ago... tell me what you think, dahlings...

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
Re: Mac, Yes???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:57 AM »
I'm computer stupid and I have a dumb phone from AT&T.  That 97% coverage they advertise is bulls***.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:03 AM »
I've heard HORRIBLE reviews about the cell service in the states.  They warned me up here that coverage may be less than ideal, but dahmn, it's pertty awesome!  I haven't had any problemo's. :frolic:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Wonder Geek
  • Sixth Wonder of the Ancient World
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
I'm computer stupid and I have a dumb phone from AT&T.  That 97% coverage they advertise is bulls***.

I had one for all of 30 days.  AT&T may have a faster network, but the coverage sucks.  I use a macbook for my home computer.  If you decide to order, I can give you a couple of apple links where you can get their employee discount.  wink wink.

-Thomas
Hung like the Gardens of Babylon

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 05:56:42 AM »
Any complaints with it, Thomas?

Do you run antivirus on the puppy? 

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:15:13 AM »
Any complaints with it, Thomas?

Do you run antivirus on the puppy? 

none. I've been a mac user since my youth.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:19:53 AM »
Thanks Priest.

They seem a little expensive but I'm attracted to the lack of requiring antivirus and the stability of the OS.  Windows - I re-installed it on my newish computer and it was lightning fast, until about four days, two of which was my computer shutting down and re-starting endlessly with updates, updates, updates.  And I run Vista for god's sake! 

I'm probably going laptop for my home, no m ore desktop other than wireless routers, etc. 

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:21:28 AM »
So you've used mac fer about a week then you whippersnapper ? How's the foot? Get off my lawn you damn hoodlum!!!!!
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »
Been runnings Macs for two years now (both desktops, an eMac & iMac) and still yet to see one crash. I just switch them on and they work... superior in every way to Windows systems. The extra money is well worth and you'll get it back as Macs don't need updating near as often as Windows systems.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
Thanks all for your help.

I'm going to go for it... just a matter of when.  I believe I am done with windoze.   :th_itchingbutt:

Bumble Bee

• Ethical Slut
  • Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

I had one for all of 30 days.  AT&T may have a faster network, but the coverage sucks.  I use a macbook for my home computer.  If you decide to order, I can give you a couple of apple links where you can get their employee discount.  wink wink.

-Thomas

Those employee discounts work in Canada? Would LOVE a Macbook
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
BB,

I've been looking at the Mac store in Calgary - and holy crap is is busy in there!!!  Wow! 

The prices seem reasonable - maybe priest can answer you, hopefully he's not going to whip my monkey ass for nominating him for a lynching.   :th_1_4_126:

Bumble Bee

• Ethical Slut
  • Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »
hopefully he's not going to whip my monkey ass for nominating him for a lynching.   

Why do I get the feeling you might enjoy it if he did??
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
  :th_1_4_126:

:th_drbble:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
I'm buying my Macbook Pro tomorrow.... I'm a cheap bastard, so this is a big step!  Wish me luck!   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

BFD

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »
Good luck you cheap bastard!

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 11:50:15 PM »
I'm buying my Macbook Pro tomorrow.... I'm a cheap bastard, so this is a big step!  Wish me luck!   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Welcome to the dark-side!

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 01:16:33 AM »
OMG,
Is this thing ever awesome!

I'm having some troubles getting my wireless hooked up, but working on it.   :th_kopje-koffie-1:

It's neat, easy to use, Wow!  I'm in love.... with my laptop!   :th_drbble:

poopsiecakes

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • cheers!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 01:20:57 AM »
yay Shamus!!
I have a question about macs - why is it that in Europe you can get keyboards with number pads but you can't here?
"I shouldnt stone text Teddy." Dana - 2013
"I'm so gladiator that you are all smart personals." - Goddess 2013
"And as he died, he s*** himself. And boy did it stink." Jedi death by Faundy, 2017

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 01:29:58 AM »
Aren't they just the greatest?  :th_NewPicture15: (note to self... need computer huggy smilie)

Poopsie... are you referring to desktops or laptops with the numeric pad?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:30:22 AM by Brinjen »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.