Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 8  (Read 1854 times)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: Walking Dead Season 8
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 04:58:14 PM »
Well, well, well, Creepy Carl got bit. Must say i didn't see that one coming. He's like a leader or something in the comic book.

I didn't see it coming either. Kirkman has said that TWD is actually Carl's story, not Rick's, and supposedly he (Carl) plays a huge role in the entirety of the comic's future arcs. Unbelievable that they're killing him off. I also just learned that Kirkman left the show and AMC a few months ago (perhaps because of this lousy decision). Scott Gimple is murdering what's left of the show, it's infuriating. UGH indeed :th_11-7:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

john doe

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:49 AM »
 :th_snf50: I didn't see that coming, Carl dying. However the show is really not doing well this season so I guess they needed to do something shocking.

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 11:48:34 PM »

Carl died?  :th_greenstars:

I need a replay!   :th_bf-swinging:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »
Well he's not dead yet, so don't get too excited :th_cheesy: The mid-season finale ended with the revelation that he's been bitten on the torso. Now, knowing Gimple, it could turn out that it's not a walker bite but a random human bite. Or that he's immune. Or that he climbed under a magical dumpster and emerged healed. However, all of the after press seems to indicate he will actually die in the next episode and that will be the end of that. Chandler Riggs' father put Gimple on blast on social media, and Chandler himself has seemed pretty put off by the way it was handled. Velvet's probably right that they just did it for shock value. Sadly, it's become an ongoing circus of stupidity.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
In Misery, Stephen King talks some about how such tactics as fake cliffhangers are disingenuous and offensive to the audience.

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
Well he's not dead yet, so don't get too excited :th_cheesy: The mid-season finale ended with the revelation that he's been bitten on the torso. Now, knowing Gimple, it could turn out that it's not a walker bite but a random human bite. Or that he's immune. Or that he climbed under a magical dumpster and emerged healed. However, all of the after press seems to indicate he will actually die in the next episode and that will be the end of that. Chandler Riggs' father put Gimple on blast on social media, and Chandler himself has seemed pretty put off by the way it was handled. Velvet's probably right that they just did it for shock value. Sadly, it's become an ongoing circus of stupidity.

My sincerest apologies for misunderstanding.  TWD will surely make it into what you mentioned.   :th_laugh:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2017, 04:34:48 AM »
I just watched the last 3 episodes. I kept looking at my clock surprised that time was moving so slowly. I think what bugs me is how they continually rehash the same tired tripe over and over.  What are we fighting for?  Let's go start a war and then in the middle of it have the warriors turn into indecisive imbeciles who do nothing but make the situation worse.  Let's take the sanctuary prisoner and feed them our stock of food.  Let's Stick Randal in a barn and torture him to death.  It just repeats on and on, and it's boring as hell.  The indecisive, nonsensical, inconsistent whimpery is ok in small moderation.  Not ok for 6 continuous seasons.  The storytelling is atrocious. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:35:04 AM by john doe »

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:17 AM »
I just watched the last 3 episodes. I kept looking at my clock surprised that time was moving so slowly. I think what bugs me is how they continually rehash the same tired tripe over and over.  What are we fighting for?  Let's go start a war and then in the middle of it have the warriors turn into indecisive imbeciles who do nothing but make the situation worse.  Let's take the sanctuary prisoner and feed them our stock of food.  Let's Stick Randal in a barn and torture him to death.  It just repeats on and on, and it's boring as hell.  The indecisive, nonsensical, inconsistent whimpery is ok in small moderation.  Not ok for 6 continuous seasons.  The storytelling is atrocious.

:th_smilie_happy_251:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2017, 07:37:04 AM »
It just doesn't make any sense.  The season is slated as "rise up."  Every chance they get to rise up they turn tail and run.  Hell, Negan has been around for how many seasons?  In the last fight, Rick has Negan on the floor and Lucille in his hands.  What does he do?  He jumps through a window and runs.  They fight and kill to get explosives, and what happens?  Rick and Daryl get into a fight and blow them up.  They go to the compound to bash a wall in and finish the job, and Michonne starts babbling nonsense about "I don't get to know how it ends," turns tail, and runs. It's downright stupid.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »
And don't forget the very first episode of the season -- Rick gives a long speech about how they only have to kill one person (Negan) to end the whole war. Just one man has to die. Then they go to the Saviors' compound in their armored cars, have a few dozen well armed people and snipers surrounding the place, and... Negan and his lieutenants come out of the building! They stand on a literal stage, wide open, while Negan walks back and forth and delivers a monologue! There is a clear shot for any of two dozen people to take him out right then and there, for like 5 straight minutes. One man, one shot, no one else has to die, blah blah. Yet none of Rick's people fire. They all stand there behind their armored vehicles, holding their guns, and listen to Negan's speech, then they leave. Whaaaaat??

It's just bad writing. They're putting no effort into even making it coherent anymore. Ugh :th_11-7:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:40:44 PM by Nameless »

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
I'm not sure it's no effort or just lack of talent. They haven't done a good job of developing any of the characters.  They use a set number of character types and rotate which person plays them throughout the seasons. The series is desperately needing character depth and consistency.

Did anyone else notice the lack of walker scenes in the finale? Carl's bite was conspicuously absent.  I can't help thinking they're up to shenanigans with it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:53:31 AM by john doe »

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2017, 03:10:28 AM »
I see we are all in agreement about this train wreck of a television series.  They all have their thumbs up their asses. 

Maybe Dwight and Eugene will just kill them all and ride off in to the sunset to some kind of Walker Brokeback Mountain.  :biglaugh:

I keep reading that the ratings seriously declined after Glenn and Abraham were killed.  These last few episodes have been ridiculous.  I can't believe the fans aren't raising hell on The Talking Dead and this crap.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

CandleS

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 03:01:46 AM »
I haven't really looked into it, but I wonder if Chandler Riggs wanted out of the show. He has been doing it since he was a kid...

What was he like 10 when the show started? I agree I'm not in love with where they are taking the show, but it might be a blessing for Chandler to have his options open, play some new characters, and see how well he can flex his acting abilities.

I'll probably stick the show out to the end, I'm still enjoying it, but not like the earlier seasons. If ratings keep going down they are going to have to wrap up the series and end it.
"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." ~ George Carlin

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 08:02:55 AM »
Chandler is going to be focusing on a band he's in, beside going to college and other acting projects.
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"