Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 8  (Read 1846 times)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: Walking Dead Season 8
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
Yes it has gotten real bad :luly-13: It seems like big things happen in the premieres and finales, and the rest of the episodes are just filler, dragging things out as long as possible. It's so sad what it's become :th_11-7: And so many stupid decisions; the characters have turned into complete morons. Jesus is the worst with his idiotic hostages, I mean wtf?? And again with the garbage people, good god :th_Content_16: Nobody does what makes sense in any situation; they make inexplicable decisions constantly, and the show just acts like it's all perfectly reasonable. It's bad :th_11-7:

They've announced the TWD/FTWD crossover character. Unsurprisingly, it is nonsensical. I won't spoil it for others, but it is not who I was expecting and makes zero sense with the timelines, but hey whatever :runwithscissors:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 03:25:14 AM »
Oh my stars what a stupid episode.  Why did Rick go back to the garbage people?  That was stupid.  If you've already f***ed me over once, I am NOT going back for you to do it again.  Good grief.  I'm sure Garbage Bitch will turn Rick over to Negan.

Jesus and his hostage/POWs is beyond dumb.  He's going to get everyone at the Hilltop killed.  Maggie let Gregory back in.  **eyeroll** 

Also, I can do without the Fear the Dead crossover thing, too.  Are the writers smoking crack or bath salts or something?

I'm losing interest fast.  As much as Vince as I have been glued to this show since the beginning, it's getting old.  Nameless, I agree.  The only time anything happens is the premier and the finales.  I just wonder what asinine cliffhanger they'll leave us with for the mid-season break.

Oh well.  I'm still happy to see Carol every week.  She's about the only saving grace.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »
I think the writers have just gotten lazy with an attitude of it doesn't matter how stupid we make the show, people are still gonna watch and give us super large veiwing numbers.

The crossover makes no sense at all. Abraham, Rosita or Glenn would make sense, Eugene came across Abe and Rosita in Texas. Didn't Glenn say that he was a pizza delivery boy in California before moving to Ga.?

" if we make it, they will watch"
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 01:02:20 AM »
Rick's return to the garbage pile kids was the dumbest thing i've ever seen on tv. Now tall manly woman is walking around wearing Rick's boots. The only reason to go back there would be to eliminate the leader woman.

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 02:25:37 AM »
We are still watching the show but it seems like the actors are bored with their jobs.

I read that Morgan is the one that will be in the crossover show and that he is going to die this season of TWD.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
Yeah Abe/Rosita/Eugene are the ONLY crossover characters that make any sense at all. At the end of s3 of FTWD, their timeline had reached the point where Rick had just woken up. Morgan was of course in Atlanta at that time, and we know that after they split up, Duane was killed by his walker mom (in Atlanta), then Morgan went crazy and started "clearing" (Georgia), then he hooked up with Eastman (Georgia), then we next saw him picking up the trail near Terminus and following our group to Virginia.

So either 1) somewhere in there, Morgan went to Texas and back to Atlanta, a 1,600-mile round trip; 2) they are going to time-jump FTWD ahead by like 2.5 YEARS (which would be unforgivably stupid and crappy); or 3) the whole thing is a Gimple fake-out and it's not Morgan at all, but Abe.

It's probably not 3, because presumably Lennie James will be filming in Texas now and that's not hard to confirm. So that leaves either 1 or 2, and it's debatable which is stupider, because they're both off the scale. Just ugh.

And yes the whole garbage people thing is just absurd, I've read some people saying that it's all part of "the plan," but what plan?? It makes no sense. Hurr durr, lemme go to the garbage people alone and get captured (AGAIN), even though we don't even need them anymore, because reasons, and surely someone will rescue me later, dohhhh :scared:

" if we make it, they will watch"

They might be in for a rude surprise. The s*** quality has not gone unnoticed, and ratings are declining rapidly. Such a freaking waste :th_11-7:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
Also, why did the garbage people forget how to communicate in their native language :th_smilie_tv_26: I could see that happening over the course of generations, but 3 years? :th_Content_16:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »
Is stupider a word?  :p

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 02:40:17 AM »
Interesting.  Still doesn't sound right.   lol

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »
Garbage people?   :coffeespit:

God this show sounds just awful now.  You know it's bad when even long-suffering Nameless is losing interest in it. 

Anyways, have fun with it kids. 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »
They would have been better off ending it after season 4 or 5. 

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
They would have been better off ending it after season 4 or 5.

Yep. 

It just kept getting worse and worse until I couldn't stand it anymore.  Once the Carl BS stopped, I loved it.  But now it's like WTF happened. 

Do they even do the comic sans or whatever it is they do for their fans? 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »
Well, not "now", but about 2 seasons ago for me...  :th_itchingbutt:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »
Garbage people?   :coffeespit:

These are the garbage people:

They live in a landfill and speak like Yoda. Don't ask me to explain it, because I can't :th_smilie_tv_26:

The show peaked at the end of season 5/beginning of season 6. Glenn's magical dumpster was the beginning of the end...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:12:35 AM by Nameless »

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
It's like they're not even trying at this point.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »
I saw an interveiw about the "garbage speak", it was described as not saying any more than what needs to be said. Most of the communication is done with hand movements and head and eye motions, almost like military operations.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
The rogue actions of Daryl and Tara have surpassed the point of stupidity. Their actions have given the Saviors the chance to escape, and now threaten Alexandria.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »
Well, well, well, Creepy Carl got bit. Must say i didn't see that one coming. He's like a leader or something in the comic book.

Robin

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • EARTH: Too Big To Fail
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 12:56:34 AM »
UGH....the first two episodes were written by idiots, I thought they were back on track by episode 3, somewhat, but the finale made me want to throw something at the TV. Jesus should have been the one shot, hes on my last nerve, Ezekiel's stupid lines and bravado were painful and as much as I love Carol, what were those stupid faces she was making when he was waxing un-eloquently? UGH UGH and UGH
So many gods, so many creeds,So many paths that wind and wind, While just the art of being kind, Is all this sad world needs.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox~