Author Topic: weight loss  (Read 653 times)

john doe

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
weight loss
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »
So, I have committed to getting in shape.  It started when I came across this site on penny hoarder.

https://www.healthywage.com

Basically, you input your weight and how much you want to lose, and depending upon time and current bmi and how much you pay, they will offer a pay out pot if you meet your target weight within your specified timeline.  In my case, I am wagering $79 a month for 6 months, or 79*6 = $474 that I will lose 45 pounds.  If I meet my goal, my payout will be $1,259 (including two $40 bonuses I have for referrals.)  If I do not meet my goal, the company keeps the money.

I have 4 moths left, and I have already met 73.3% of my weight loss goal.  I started at 259.8 pounds, and am currently 226.8. 

This wager has provided me the motivation that years of vague goal setting and mushy procrastination has not.  Setting a firm deadline with a monetary penalty for failure has been the motivation that works for me.

Along the way, more than one person recommended a smart phone app called my fitness pal.  I can't say enough positive things about it.  It makes tracking calories incredibly easy, and puts right in front of your face "if I eat this, I will gain weight," or more importantly, in my case, "I can eat this and still make my goal."  There is no need to starve, and there is no need to deprive yourself of food.  Exercise is accounted for and automatically figured into your daily calorie goal when you log it.  Eating mindlessly is too easy, and this app simply makes you recognize what you're eating and how much you should be eating.

Anyway, I don't know if any of you are interested in such a program, but if you are, let me know and I will give you a referral link.  If you use my link, I get $40 added to my jackpot and you get an additional $40 to yours when you choose to participate.  Me, as of today, 33 pounds lighter than  2 months ago.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:53:04 AM by john doe »

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
Re: weight loss
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
Good for you 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Ms Velvet

• Werewolfer
  • Werewolf game addict
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »
Fantastic!! You are looking really good. I have never heard of that type of challenge but it sure does sound motivating.

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 02:29:50 AM »
Good for you. I hope you make your goal weight.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:50:17 AM »
Lost weight on vacation.  I am 7 pounds and 4 months away from payout money. 

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »
Wow!  You look great, Rex.
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 10:15:51 AM »
Hey JD
Congrats on the weight loss,  you're going great guns.
That sounds like a great idea.   Ive used my fitness pal before and it's a great app.  A motivator like that  would be good for me. Ive packed on the kilos OK the last five year since a back injury and menopause.   I'm off to check if the healthy wage is only for north America or if others can join.
Just call me Fred!!

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »
John Doe,
 I checked out the site and it's ok for Aussies to use (even Scots living in Oz!)

I'm going to Europe next June and will be back in Scotland for the first time since 1986, so excited.  I want to look fabulous!

Can you still give a link for sign up money?
Just call me Fred!!

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
Just use this link.

https://hwage.co/53371/

It really is good motivation.  I'm already spending my money in my mind.   :th_NewPicture15:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 12:17:28 AM »
My final weighout was yesterday. I am now just waiting final verification.  I haven't been this weight for 20 years. 

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 07:18:12 AM »
My final weighout was yesterday. I am now just waiting final verification.  I haven't been this weight for 20 years.

Well Done!   hi-5
"A religion without a Goddess is half-way to atheism."

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
I am now debating whether to take the payout or reup and do another 40 pounds.  Another 40 would put me at 175.  Pretty light for my frame but the payout would be nice. 

I am really noticing the weight difference.  I can jog for a 1/4 mile now without getting out of breath.  I tried doing some pullups today and it was surprisingly easy.  Pulled my eyes above the bar and did several repetitions.  I have more energy than I have had at any point in my adult life. It's almost like being a kid again.  :-)

My blood sugar levels are way more stable.  My A1C levels are the lowest I have ever checked them.  I am using a 1/3 of the insulin I was 6 months ago. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:26:27 PM by john doe »

deeskis

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 09:04:39 AM »
Fantastic to hear JD,

Well done, I just asked about this on the game thread. :th_clap:
Just call me Fred!!

Tara

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • SweetBitch
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off.
Forgiveness is the scent of the violet that clings to the heel of the one who has crushed it. ~ http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/30/violet-forgive/

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 04:08:58 AM »
Looks like you're beach-body-ready for that vacation eh? ;)
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
No beach body.  Still have 40 pounds to go.  But I'm getting to the age where I don't give a damn.  lol