Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Like Vegetables  (Read 30977 times)

john doe

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
Re: Donald Trump Is Like Vegetables
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
I'm liking Kasich less these days.  I liked his rhetoric at first, but he's gone down hill.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
So Cruz and Kasich have now announced that they're openly colluding to keep Trump from getting the nomination -- they're splitting up upcoming states and not campaigning against each other. Neither can win, they're just trying to make sure Trump loses. Not sure what the endgame here is -- who else could the nominee be? (edit: I mean, even if it goes to a brokered convention, who else can they put up? Cruz and Kasich have both been roundly rejected by voters, and it would be even more insane to put up someone who hasn't even been running  :th_wacky2:)

This is such a clusterf***, it's like a slo-mo trainwreck and you just can't look away :th_Content_16:
As I understand it, if they can limit the number of delegates trump gets, the establishment can have a contested convention, at which point they can choose whom they want to.  They're not playing to win the primaries, just to get into the convention.

If they succeed in getting to a brokered convention though, what do they expect to happen then? The establishment hates Cruz almost as much as they hate Trump, and Kasich is in 4th place with only 3 people running. I just don't understand what they think is going to happen in November. They keep saying "Trump can't win in November," but neither can anyone else they put up -- all those people who voted for Trump really don't seem like the type to just roll over and vote for someone else because the party wants them to. If they nominate anyone other than Trump, a huge portion of their base is going to revolt.

The Democrats aren't in any better shape; depending on your perspective, they are doing even worse. I still can't get over how many people are on board with Hillary and just accept the corruption happening right in front of them. It's incredible. The writing is on the wall though. Maybe not this election, but it's coming. People are fed up, and that sentiment is spreading fast.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 10:06:16 AM »
There was talk for a while of putting Romney on the ticket again.  It's time for a viable third party.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:07:04 AM by john doe »

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »
There was talk for a while of putting Romney on the ticket again.

I heard that too :coffeespit: If ever there was evidence of the party establishment being out of touch, it is that they seriously thought the solution to this situation was to put up Romney (again) :4_1_72:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
I think it's pretty much common knowledge that our rulers don't give a s*** about what we want or need.  They only concern themselves with their constituents enough to spin an electable story.  Truth or facts are irrelevant.  When people want to believe something, they will.  And we fall for it like stupid saps every time.  Once they get in, they do what they want to do, and that's the end of it.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
There used to be at least some effort to keep up a facade though. That is crumbling away now. My worst fear is that it turns out we collectively really are so apathetic that we continue to allow it after the facade has fallen away completely. In that case, I guess we would deserve what we get. This isn't the government that the Founding Fathers had in mind, but we're also probably not the populace that they had in mind either.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
People are so focused on hating the "other" team that they are completely obvious to what their own people are doing.  There's a lot of manufactured contention just to keep people dumb, angry, and engaged.

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
So Cruz and Kasich have now announced that they're openly colluding to keep Trump from getting the nomination -- they're splitting up upcoming states and not campaigning against each other. Neither can win, they're just trying to make sure Trump loses. Not sure what the endgame here is -- who else could the nominee be? (edit: I mean, even if it goes to a brokered convention, who else can they put up? Cruz and Kasich have both been roundly rejected by voters, and it would be even more insane to put up someone who hasn't even been running  :th_wacky2:)

This is such a clusterf***, it's like a slo-mo trainwreck and you just can't look away :th_Content_16:

This is getting more and more insane.  I mean what if "they" do stop Trump?  Everyone will show up at the convention in Cleveland standing around with their thumbs up their asses? 

Stop Trump...then what?   :crazy:  I guess they didn't think that far ahead!  :moca:

Train wreck, indeed.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 01:17:03 PM »

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 01:26:07 PM »
I think it's going to backfire. What they are doing is despicable and flagrant, and it's gonna piss people off. Prediction: Trump clobbers both of them tomorrow by huge margins. I'm no Trump fan, but this kind of bulls*** is not cool.

Nameless, what do you make of this?

http://nypost.com/2016/04/24/bernie-sanders-hints-that-cigarettes-should-be-illegal/

Huh. I don't agree with that. Prohibition just doesn't work, and often makes things worse. Also, think of the tax revenue that would be lost. Better idea: Make marijuana legal and freely accessible and tax it, and put some of that windfall toward tobacco education and help with quitting.  (Maybe. I dunno. I haven't thought through this idea at all beyond the past 30 seconds lol.) I am more than 2 years tobacco free now, and know first-hand that cigarettes are a horrible snare to fall into, but I don't think outlawing them is the answer :th_itchingbutt:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2016, 01:28:58 PM »
Seems inconsistent with what Sanders has been portraying himself to be. 

This whole election has made me very sad.  I can't in good faith support any of the candidates that are running.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »
It's time for a viable third party.

We're the same here. Not much difference between the two parties any more. No matter who you vote for, you seem to be just picking the team you believe will screw you less. Currently, we have the most inefficient government his country has ever seen. Along with the most inefficient opposition. Only the minor parties seem to have any viable plan.  :th_itchingbutt:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:26:50 PM by Brinjen »
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2016, 12:16:01 AM »
He may be distasteful but he is good us.

Join the Trump Train!

Trump 2016!!

That is all.  :daydream:

...good FOR us.

Looks like somebody could benefit from Sander's "free" college...
 :th_muttly:
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »

As I understand it, if they can limit the number of delegates trump gets, the establishment can have a contested convention, at which point they can choose whom they want to.  They're not playing to win the primaries, just to get into the convention.

If they succeed in getting to a brokered convention though, what do they expect to happen then? The establishment hates Cruz almost as much as they hate Trump, and Kasich is in 4th place with only 3 people running. I just don't understand what they think is going to happen in November. They keep saying "Trump can't win in November," but neither can anyone else they put up -- all those people who voted for Trump really don't seem like the type to just roll over and vote for someone else because the party wants them to. If they nominate anyone other than Trump, a huge portion of their base is going to revolt.

The Democrats aren't in any better shape; depending on your perspective, they are doing even worse. I still can't get over how many people are on board with Hillary and just accept the corruption happening right in front of them. It's incredible. The writing is on the wall though. Maybe not this election, but it's coming. People are fed up, and that sentiment is spreading fast.

Isn't it wonderful to be witnessing the collapse and implosion of America's two greatest threats to true democracy?   :daydream: :daydream:

And I agree with your take on Clinton's supporters.  It's amazing how uninformed and thick people are.
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2016, 01:16:13 AM »
Trump is done.   :th_NewPicture15:  He never really stood a chance.  Cooler heads prevailed. 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2016, 01:47:54 AM »
Trump is done.   :th_NewPicture15:  He never really stood a chance.  Cooler heads prevailed.

Following Will's analogy, only the weird vegans like him...  :tongue_smile:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »

If only that were true. Sadly, it is not. lol

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:54 AM »

Everything I say is true.  Open a nice Bordeaux and relish my thoughts.

When you're ready, dive into them.  They are exquisite.  :D

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2016, 06:10:18 AM »

Everything I say is true.  Open a nice Bordeaux and relish my thoughts.

When you're ready, dive into them.  They are exquisite.  :D

What Watchtower magazine did you steal that quote from??   ROFLMAO

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2016, 08:48:55 AM »
He may be distasteful but he is good us.

Join the Trump Train!

Trump 2016!!

That is all.  :daydream:

...good FOR us.

Looks like somebody could benefit from Sander's "free" college...
 :th_muttly:

Well you know all the under edjumacated Trump supporters knew what I meant!  That is quite hilarious, though!  ROFLMAO