Author Topic: Windows 10...  (Read 3404 times)

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
Windows 10...
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
Anyone else using it? I've upgraded to it on both my desktop and laptop computers. Running well so far.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Laptop came with Windows 8.1 so it's good to have the start menu back. Both systems run as fast as they did before, no performance issues. No crashes.  :daydream:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
Re: Windows 10...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »
>:0

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

William

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »
I keep getting pop ups on the lap top to install it.  So far I just ignore them.

What's so different?  It bugs me how fast technology is moving.  I'm old.  Leave me alone.  My s*** works fine the way it is. 

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
I keep getting pop ups on the lap top to install it.  So far I just ignore them.

What's so different?  It bugs me how fast technology is moving.  I'm old.  Leave me alone.  My s*** works fine the way it is.

Old?  OLD? 

Note that today I found out that I need reading glasses...  :crybaby:

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
Try wearing progressive lenses and get back to me whippersnapper.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »
Try wearing progressive lenses and get back to me whippersnapper.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Of course I"m getting them.  And the glasses are really nice too - I had two nice ladies and a gay dude bringing glasses over to me for about half an hour, LOL.  Best service I've had outside of Tokyo.  I was highly impressed. 

My brother was trying to find out what brand his was but he couldn't read the writing on the inside of the glasses.  I told him to put his glasses on to read it.   :th_yonofui:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »

I wear progressive lenses too :th_not_watching: They're stupidly expensive, but I wouldn't be without them now.

And I've been ignoring the Windows 10 upgrade prompts as well. I'll get around to it eventually :th_smilie_tv_26:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:57:07 AM »

I wear progressive lenses too :th_not_watching: They're stupidly expensive, but I wouldn't be without them now.

And I've been ignoring the Windows 10 upgrade prompts as well. I'll get around to it eventually :th_smilie_tv_26:

How do you like them Nameless?  My fellow old foggie?  :)

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
*shakes cane* Well I've had them for a few years now and hated them at first, but once I got used to them I decided they were awesome. It gets expensive though if you get multiple pairs. But it's so nice to be able to see up close without holding stuff right up to my face and peering over the top of my glasses :49_49:

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
Windows 10? is that a window sale at Home Depot ...
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
*shakes cane* Well I've had them for a few years now and hated them at first, but once I got used to them I decided they were awesome. It gets expensive though if you get multiple pairs. But it's so nice to be able to see up close without holding stuff right up to my face and peering over the top of my glasses :49_49:

I've been well warned that I would hate them all for the first two weeks. wearing them.  I don't plan on wearing them 24/7 but can if I want to.   :th_yonofui:  I got a pretty nice pair - I believe Matt Damon has the same pair right now.  :) 

This is the look I want... :)

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
Oh yes.  If you but 9 windows the tenth one is free!

Hi Zero  :th_smilie5:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »
** not **  This..

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

I've been well warned that I would hate them all for the first two weeks. wearing them.  I don't plan on wearing them 24/7 but can if I want to.   :th_yonofui:  I got a pretty nice pair - I believe Matt Damon has the same pair right now.  :) 

**waves a magic wand*

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »
Windows 10? is that a window sale at Home Depot ...

Brinjen swears by it.  Of course, she talks to monkeys so she's clearly insane. 

I love my Mac.  Loove it.  :D

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »
Those frames look sharp! Yeah they sort of give you vertigo for the first few weeks, and you'll find yourself tilting and bobbing your head a lot to see properly. But then your eyes get used to it and they are great from then on. I have to wear mine all the time, because I'm so nearsighted.

Geez Zero, where have you been??

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »

**waves a magic wand*

Put it back in your pants.   :th_flower3:

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
Those frames look sharp! Yeah they sort of give you vertigo for the first few weeks, and you'll find yourself tilting and bobbing your head a lot to see properly. But then your eyes get used to it and they are great from then on. I have to wear mine all the time, because I'm so nearsighted.

Geez Zero, where have you been??

:(  Yeah, it's going to suck. 

I think they're 'ok'.  The gay guy was trying to get me into some deep purple ones, but I have to look good for customers and sometimes I have to wear a sports jacket and they can be quite colourful - so combine that with deep purple and I'd look like a f***ing flake. 

Given that I live in the redneck capital of earth, I chose black.  :(

Snuggles

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
By the way, Matt Damon looks sharp.  Fuck the frames.   :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble: :th_drbble:

William

• Werewolfer
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »
I have had progressive lenses for more years that I care to remember.  I still hate them.  In fact I hate them so much that my next step is going to be lasik eye surgery which scares the ever loving f*** out of me.