login

Author Topic: New Game  (Read 1604 times)

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
New Game
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
Has anyone played Diablo? Just saw an ad for Diablo 3 for pc and mac, to be released in May. It looked awesome.
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
Re: New Game
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:41 AM »
I've never played it but have heard lots of good things about it. I might need to check it out.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »
I keep seeing parts 1 & 2 at WallyWorld, i think there is a version for PS2.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
But ick, their DRM for PC play is that you always have to be online connected to their server to play (even in single-player mode). You can't pause the game or save between checkpoints, and if you lose the connection you lose your progress. Ugh :-(

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »
I've heard the same about Diablo on Macs... which would leave me up s*** creek. This internet connection drops out often. Another way of discouraging paying customers.  :baseball bat:

The DRM for Dragon Age isn't bad... need the internet to activate the game and you can have an activated installation on 5 PCs/Macs at once. They let you de-authorise computers too... aside from that, an internet connection is purely optional.  :th_itchingbutt:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
Well that sux sweaty alligator balls.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
I've heard the same about Diablo on Macs... which would leave me up s*** creek. This internet connection drops out often. Another way of discouraging paying customers.  :baseball bat:

The DRM for Dragon Age isn't bad... need the internet to activate the game and you can have an activated installation on 5 PCs/Macs at once. They let you de-authorise computers too... aside from that, an internet connection is purely optional.  :th_itchingbutt:

That's how DRM should be. I also have no problem with disk-check DRM that requires the disk in the drive. But always-on server connection for a single-player game is ridiculous.

Mikey, you could play it on a console if you have one, but it wouldn't work for you at all on the computer.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
It's a pity about the DRM cause I've seen the previews... and I like it.  :th_drbble: It's also one of the extremely rare games that not only run on Macs, but would run on my 4-year-was-bottom-of-the-line-even-when-it-was-brand-new iMac.  :th_itchingbutt:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
I'm in dialo III beta, but have only turned it on once for about 20 minutes.   I got it free from blizzard for playing wow.   Haven't played it enough to know if I like it or not.