Author Topic: Dragon Age : Origins...  (Read 4354 times)

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
Dragon Age : Origins...
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
Anyone here played it? I'm looking for something with decent graphics that presents a challenge. Got Sims 3 fairly recently and am getting bored with it already....  :th_itchingbutt:

Anyways since I can't play any of The Elder Scrolls games... I had a look around and this game is available for the Mac platform... I can download it from Amazon tonight if I want...

So... anyone played it?  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40465n-Age-Dragon/dp/B00477472O/ref=pd_cp_vg_2
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
Re: Dragon Age : Origins...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
Forget it... I need to be living in the U.S...  dlike
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
It's OK... found another site to download it from....  :th_drbble:

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
never tried it.
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
It looks good...  :th_NewPicture15: be a while before I get to play it... 31 hour download it's predicting... over 9GB.  :th_snf50:

From the maker of Mass Effect and Baldur's Gate comes the dark fantasy epic Dragon Age: Origins.
The survival of humanity rests in the hands of those chosen by fate. You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of guardians who have defended the lands throughout the centuries. Betrayed by a trusted general in a critical battle, you must hunt down the traitor and bring him to justice.
As you fight your way towards the final confrontation with an evil nemesis, you will face monstrous foes and engage in epic quests to unite the disparate peoples of a world at war.
A romance with a seductive shapeshifter may hold the key to victory, or she may be a dangerous diversion from the heart of your mission. To be a leader, you must make ruthless decisions and be willing to sacrifice your friends and loved ones for the greater good of mankind.

It contains...

Blood
 Intense Violence
 Language
 Partial Nudity
 Sexual Content

:th_drbble:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:55:15 PM by Brinjen »

Mikey

• Werewolfer
  • Clowns Suck
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »

Blood
 Intense Violence
 Language
 Partial Nudity
 Sexual Content

:th_drbble:

My kind of game  :risa3:
"Look at the flowers Lizzy"

Dana

• Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
Logan got Sims 3 for me on  my birthday.  It's way different playing on a PC.  I would rather have it for Playstation.  I didn't know you could adjust their lifespan, so the first time I played by the time my Sim reached to the top of her career as a Rock Goddess she was old as dirt and walked with a cane.  I guess I was the female Keith Richards. 
SHUT IT!! The last time you said that it went tits up real quick. ---Poopsie, Planet of the Apes, 2013.

If we win the lottery, we gonna be fat, drunk and dead.--Mikey, My Couch,  2015.

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:38:58 AM »
I didn't know you could adjust their lifespan, so the first time I played by the time my Sim reached to the top of her career as a Rock Goddess she was old as dirt and walked with a cane.  I guess I was the female Keith Richards.
:4_1_72:

Brin, I've never played this game. Let us know what it's like! :th_bf-gitarkid:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »
I've got about 25 more hours to wait for the download...  :th_lousyputer_smilie: but it sounds like it will be worth it.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 01:15:22 AM »
Just 1.5GB to go...  :th_lousyputer_smilie: I know the internet connection here is capable of doing far better so it's gotta be the load on the server at the other end. impatient

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 01:25:13 AM »
I downloaded a 15 gb game the other day.  Took right at 3 1/2 hours.  ;-)

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »
This internet connection downloaded a 3GB program in around an hour not too long ago... so it's gotta be the server at the other end.  :th_lousyputer_smilie:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »
Woke up this morning and the game was finally downloaded... been playing it ever since.  :th_bf-gitarkid:

Loving it so far. You can choose race, gender, customise your appearance etc. You can also choose your back story which also affects the outcome of the game.

Graphics are awesome (especially considering the iMac is now 4 years old and it was the bottom of the line even when it was new). Good storyline... my character's father is off to battle and I'm left to run the castle until he gets back. At the moment... I gotta find the kitchen, my dog is apparently running amuck there. I've got the son of my dad's friend following me around like a bad smell at the moment... wonder if I can get him killed?  :th_yonofui:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
Finally found the kitchen... no wonder my dog wouldn't leave... it's full of rats that I gotta kill now.  :wolf6:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
Handy little feature with this game I quickly found... just before a combat scene the game will automatically pause and save.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Definitely love this game... well worth the 20 bucks and ultra long download... highly recommend it.  :th_NewPicture15:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Yay, I'm glad you're having fun! And LOL about the dog. All of these kinds of games seem to have giant rats that must be killed :th_bf-gitarkid:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Rats turned out to be easy... my faithful dog (named him Puppy  :th_yonofui: ) and the annoying puke that kept following me helped. Then, since I now have Puppy by my side the annoying puke left so win/win.  :th_bf-gitarkid:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »
After spending most of the day playing this game (managed to get some housework done... don't ask how  :th_snf50: ) and planning to spend most of the weekend parked in front of my computer continuing I can honestly say I thoroughly recommend this game.

I've only just started and I'm already thinking of other angles I'd like to use when I go back and play it all again.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »
I looked into this game, and it won Game of the Year in 2009. It also has tons of good reviews. I think I'm gonna check it out :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
I highly recommend it Nameless. This game has everything... great story, lots of options and different ways to play it (I've even gotten laid  :shifty_eyes: ). Plenty of action and maps to explore... it will keep me entertained for months.  :th_kopje-koffie-1: