Author Topic: Not phone friendly anymore  (Read 5104 times)

john doe

• Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
Re: Not phone friendly anymore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
That has started again with the pages cutting off? I thought you said it was fixed for a while. HB reported having this same problem the other day too. I've no idea if this will work, but if you change your Look and Layout settings to show fewer posts per page, does that fix it? I've never experienced this problem myself. Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like? Maybe Brin could share a screen shot at this SMF Admin forum she goes to and see if they can figure out what is causing it.
Can't because it's at work when it does it.  It worked marginally better for a couple days last time she messed with it, but it has never been 100 percent since the last software change.  I quit talking about it because it felt too much like complaining.  lol  I wish jackie could have been here while she was up north.  Oh well.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »
Also, I don't have a Quick Reply button. If you turn that feature off, does that fix it?
I can't post at all without quick reply.  I have no post box or buttons whatsoever when I hit "reply."

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
Well I've turned off and uninstalled everything to do with stopping spammers.. I've also given the site another optimisation...  :th_itchingbutt:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »
Can't tell if it's helped til I'm at work.  I won't be back there til Wednesday.  I should note that internet explorer is all I have access to at work.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
What version of Explorer?  :th_computer_smilie:
Brinjen, first of her name, graduate of the Federation, master of the Wacom, spoiler of useful habits.

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
Probably an older one. I have no control over updating company computers. 

Hellpuppy: Classic Edition

• Guardian of Female Virginity!!!
  • Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Smiley faces across the top

Note the faded out reply button
"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
Your battery needs a charge...  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
Should also mention this forum runs on php code... not html.  :th_3_8_14:

Nameless

• Global Moderator
  • I Like Owls
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 03:09:21 AM »
The page-cutting-off issue is weird, because it seems to be limited to select machines/locations. I seriously doubt Jackie uses an old version of Internet Explorer, so I'd guess it's not a browser issue. So it happens to JD at work, to Jackie at work and home, to HB at home (?), and to Changeling at home (not sure if it's still happening to her). Is there something in common with all of these machines?

Pup, aww look at all those sad embarrassed smileys :th_11-7: That's strange.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 03:12:02 AM »
I also have no way of sending pms at work.  I could live with the quick reply feature, even though I have no text editor when I use that and have to manually input code.  But, the no pm prevents me from playing a special role while at work.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
In the 24 hours since removing the spammer's blocks I now have 21 members awaiting approval... that's not including the 20-odd I rejected just yesterday.  :th_snf50:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
 :4_1_72:

Username: idiodiatesocaPosts: 0 (N/A per day)Email: idiodiatesoca@ar.szcdn.plAge:N/A Account is not approved (approve)Date Registered: Today at 11:21:08 AMIP: 93.182.172.151Hostname: anon-172-151.vpn.ipredator.seLocal Time:April 23, 2012, 12:57:55 PMLast Active: Never

I'm cruel I know but that is a spammer.  :th_kopje-koffie-1:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »
Was it easier before when you disabled registration?

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
The problem with disabling the registration is it makes it too difficult for legitimate posters to register. That's what's so maddening about the spammers... most of my time administrating this forum is time spent because of them.  :baseball bat:

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 01:05:12 PM »
On the plus side... this is a pretty much guaranteed block that stops them from successfully registering.  :th_itchingbutt:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
We should just have some sort of code word to put in in order to register.  You could email it to all of us members, and if we wanted to invite someone, all we would have to do is share the code word.  That would take the burden off of you having to approve/add members, would keep spammers from being able to register, and legitimate people could still get in fairly easily.

Brinjen

• Aussie Bitch
  • Administrator
  • I Like Owls
    • Brinjen
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
That's an idea... I can easily post it in the semi-private room... how to implement it...  :th_itchingbutt:

john doe

• Werewolfer
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »
Yup.  There's an idea.  Post it in the room where the public doesn't have access with instructions for inviting people, then all we have to do is give them the password which allows them to register.  You would also have to disable allowing the public to contact you though. 

Hellpuppy: Classic Edition

• Guardian of Female Virginity!!!
  • Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »
Almost fixed ;) now the posts are super long with empty space ;)
"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will