Author Topic: I CAN'T DO IT!  (Read 3108 times)

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
I CAN'T DO IT!
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
I work in the oilpatch, and get an allowance for my computer.  The thought was get a junky PC windoze based system - but I just can't do it.  They are such crap I can't stand it.  I

How in the hell can anyone use that crap?  They're so cheap, crappy, awful!!!

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
Re: I CAN'T DO IT!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »
I HATE  my windows desktop hope Santa brings me a Mac for xmas...
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:33 AM »
I told my son I'd buy him a computer for his birthday and he requested a Mac.

What the $$ damage I'm looking at, Shamus?
"A religion without a Goddess is half-way to atheism."

Jedi Master

• Master of Mind Tricks
  • Werewolfer
  • All My Friends Live Here
  • His Worshipfulness
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:05:33 AM »
I work in the oilpatch, and get an allowance for my computer.  The thought was get a junky PC windoze based system - but I just can't do it.  They are such crap I can't stand it.  I

How in the hell can anyone use that crap?  They're so cheap, crappy, awful!!!

That's the thing.  Most of us can't afford a Mac.  When I was looking at laptops a few weeks ago I fell in love with the apple notebooks.  But they were just so expensive.  The cheapest thing I could find was $1000 plus tax, ($250 being the Windows equivalent), but I needed far more memory.  The Mac equivalent to what I got was about $2,700!!! :faint:   ... I had to settle for  crappy Windows 7 based system... *sigh* but it was under $1000... so, *shrug*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:06:23 AM by Jedi Master »
"If it's Jedi, I think I might jump out the window." - Nameless 
"Shit I can't be wrong after nine months!" " If I had a gun I'd shoot you tonight.  ;)" - Will
"I stopped listening to you years ago." - Dana 2015

Hellpuppy: Classic Edition

• Guardian of Female Virginity!!!
  • Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »
Lol windows OS isn't THAT bad ;p

They have more problems popping up simply because more people use them;P the genius bars are always crowded with people having Mac issues as well ;p

"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will

Snuggles

• >:O
  • Werewolfer
  • I Like Owls
  • How big is a monkeys penis???
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:32:49 AM »
Windows is that bad!  It's horrible, archaic...

You're looking at $2,000 bucks, darling.  Check out the new macbook air's.  :D 

Babies don't have teeth. So what would happen? They could try to, umm, gum their victims to death. Maybe Judith has new teeth coming in (Nameless)

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 03:58:03 AM »

Accckkkkk!!!!

I can't afford that.

zeroday

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:10:49 AM »
My laptop with windows 7 is fine for when I'm on the road but a nice Mac desktop with a hugh flat screen is about $1500 I may get one this year for my home computer...
"God I'm glad I'm not responsible for this blood bath." Robin, Vikings 2015

Darkuncle

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
I'm using Linux, my laptop was $360 + $100 for hardware upgrades.  I set it up dual boot; I start Linux for everything I normally do, if I truly need Windows 7, I can boot that instead.

Robin

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
  • EARTH: Too Big To Fail
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:58 PM »

I just got a MacBook Air. It's last year's Xmas present, this year's as well. I wanted a Kindle, we waited for the I-pad to come out in April. Long story, I-pad turned into the MB Air. So 10 months later I still don't have an e-reader but I'm HAPPY!
So many gods, so many creeds,So many paths that wind and wind, While just the art of being kind, Is all this sad world needs.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox~

Goddess

• Werewolfer
  • Wonder Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »

I just got a MacBook Air. It's last year's Xmas present, this year's as well. I wanted a Kindle, we waited for the I-pad to come out in April. Long story, I-pad turned into the MB Air. So 10 months later I still don't have an e-reader but I'm HAPPY!

So you like the Macbk Air?  I'm thinking that may be what I go with for my son.  His birthday is Dec 27th, so it will be X-mas and birthday present all in one.  (Yes, I'm a bad mom for rolling both presents together.....)

Becky

• Werewolfer
  • Geek
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 02:41:24 AM »

So you like the Macbk Air?  I'm thinking that may be what I go with for my son.  His birthday is Dec 27th, so it will be X-mas and birthday present all in one.  (Yes, I'm a bad mom for rolling both presents together.....)

Mine is the 28th...kids used to say "Man, I bet that sucks having your bday so close to Xmas!" I'd just mutter you have NO IDEA and walk off, all Eeyore-like.
I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

Hellpuppy: Classic Edition

• Guardian of Female Virginity!!!
  • Werewolfer
  • RAWR!!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:02:37 AM »
2010 MacBook Air owners reporting logic board and display issues
November 3, 2010 11:39 by Joseph L. Flatley

Early adopters typically run into weird issues when putting their first generation gadgetry to use, and owners of the new MacBook Air models are no exception. Indeed, on the day of its release Apple had to push out a software update to stop the system from locking up while in iMovie -- but that wasn't the end of the woes. Thanks to a YouTube video, we've seen for ourselves evidence of a display flickering in a most unappealing manner, and we're hearing tales of other display issues, kernel errors that occur when the machines are trying to come out of sleep mode, and more. There's not been an official response from Apple yet, we're not sure how widespread the problems are, and we haven't experienced these issues first hand on our devices -- but we'll let you know as soon as we hear something. Promise. In the meantime, it looks like some of you might have a date with the Genius Bar. Video after the break.

Via: Apple Insider
Source: Apple Support (1), (2)
"And Hellpuppy is well Hellpuppy. lol  Bad things usually happen when we lynch him and Jedi put a big bullseye on his back. " - Will